Question Geforce RTX 2060 BSOD Issues

Sep 8, 2019
I haven't been able to play anything for more than 5 minutes or so. Then I get major artifacting, the screen freezes, the BSOD pops up and the computer restarts. This is a brand new laptop (Alienware M17).

The errors include the following:

Video scheduler internal error
DX11 Device Lost
Video TDR Failure - nvlddmkm.sys
Unrecognized video card
DXGI Error Device Removed
DXGI Error Device Hung
Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal

I get the blue screen and the computer restarts. I have updated all drivers, reinstalled the video card, run scans and nothing helps. Any help would be appreciated

Is your Laptop overheating ? Those artifacts might indicate a sign of a faulty video card, VRAM issue, or maybe some other hardware issue, IMO. Your copy of Windows OS might also be corrupt.

Have you tried doing a clean re-install of the video card drivers as well ? Use the DDU tool.

Sep 8, 2019
I haven't even had it a week. Could it be overheating already? I did do a clean re-install using DDU but it didn't help. Would a clean reinstall of Windows help?

Thanks for your reply

Digicats

Honorable
BANNED
Jul 19, 2014
That gpu is going bad dude. Artifacting is the only sign you need. The rest of the errors means it's pretty bad. I've never had a laptop so I don't know how you'd go about RMAing that GPU. Probably have to send the whole thing in.

Here's a link you can read: https://www.maketecheasier.com/faulty-graphics-card-and-the-fix/

The fixes probably won't work at this point, maybe try cooling it down? I think the driver crashes and BSODS mean it's toast. Really sucks. We all know the feels. :(

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS