[SOLVED] Geforce RTX 2060 having crashing issues while gaming

Sep 6, 2019
A couple weeks ago i started experiencing crashing while gaming on my (bought new from newegg, 5 month old) card and i'm fairly certain its my gpu since the crashing only happens while gaming or when i stress test with Furmar. It also happens on any game, theirs no specific one.

Basically the stages of the crash are: Low fps (4-10fps) for about 10-15 sec randomly while gaming, then it will either black screen my pc and force me to reboot, or just crash the application and freeze my pc.

Also when i restart my pc from the freezing sometimes it just turns on and never gets to bios and i have to keep clicking the power button over and over until it actually boots to windows.

Any help would be appreciated i really don't wanna spend money to ship for RMA :(

Specs: GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6G OC, MSI B350 Krait gaming MB, AMD Ryzen 5 1600, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz DDR4 (4x4GB), Corsair CX 750 (750watt) PSU,

Last edited:
Solution
Im having the same problem here too but it started just a month ago...havent played any games cuz i just dont know how to fix this problem... and i have the same exact GPU and even the same stage when it crashes.. need to get this solved other wise ill sell my pc in parts cuz i dont have any use of it...

i fixed it a while ago, turns out the card wasn't fully plugged in and wasn't supplying enough power, try reinstalling it and making sure everything is secure! it was annoying to figure out that was the issue lol
Aug 28, 2019
Make sure your GPU has a snug fit in the motherboard, maybe take it out of your motherboard and blow out dust with canned air. Pretty sure this has nothing to do with it but no harm in trying.... And have you overclocked the GPU? Maybe turn off your overclock. If possible test the GPU on another PC (maybe a friend's or a relative's PC?) If this still happens on another PC try to RMA your card while it is still in warranty. I know this hurts (currently waiting on an RMA aswell) but it will be for the best...

i really don't wanna spend money to ship for RMA
I think you get this money back if you ask for it (well, over here I can)

Anyway, succes and I hope it gets resolved soon :)

Sep 6, 2019
Make sure your GPU has a snug fit in the motherboard, maybe take it out of your motherboard and blow out dust with canned air. Pretty sure this has nothing to do with it but no harm in trying.... And have you overclocked the GPU? Maybe turn off your overclock. If possible test the GPU on another PC (maybe a friend's or a relative's PC?) If this still happens on another PC try to RMA your card while it is still in warranty. I know this hurts (currently waiting on an RMA aswell) but it will be for the best...

I think you get this money back if you ask for it (well, over here I can)

Anyway, succes and I hope it gets resolved soon :)

how would you check if gpu is overclocked? im not that techsavvy sorry lol but i do have the msi afterburner

Nov 24, 2019
A couple weeks ago i started experiencing crashing while gaming on my (bought new from newegg, 5 month old) card and i'm fairly certain its my gpu since the crashing only happens while gaming or when i stress test with Furmar. It also happens on any game, theirs no specific one.

Basically the stages of the crash are: Low fps (4-10fps) for about 10-15 sec randomly while gaming, then it will either black screen my pc and force me to reboot, or just crash the application and freeze my pc.

Also when i restart my pc from the freezing sometimes it just turns on and never gets to bios and i have to keep clicking the power button over and over until it actually boots to windows.

Any help would be appreciated i really don't wanna spend money to ship for RMA :(

Specs: GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6G OC, MSI B350 Krait gaming MB, AMD Ryzen 5 1600, Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz DDR4 (4x4GB), Corsair CX 750 (750watt) PSU,
Im having the same problem here too but it started just a month ago...havent played any games cuz i just dont know how to fix this problem... and i have the same exact GPU and even the same stage when it crashes.. need to get this solved other wise ill sell my pc in parts cuz i dont have any use of it...

Sep 6, 2019

i fixed it a while ago, turns out the card wasn't fully plugged in and wasn't supplying enough power, try reinstalling it and making sure everything is secure! it was annoying to figure out that was the issue lol

Solution
Nov 24, 2019
Okay just done that when i was unplugging it it felt very secure so lets see imma go play couple of games and ill reply again soon also i have installed the oldest driver i could 419 or something like that lets hope its gonna work