• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question GeForce RTX 2060 KO Fans not working

May 9, 2020
Hi, as titled reads. GPU fans don't work is my initial synposis after running this build for the past two weeks. The GPU shuts down playing Valorant / CSGO / Fortnite under low - medium quality graphics settings. I thought I had it fixed when it originally did this three days ago. I used DDU to uninstall all the drivers, clean installed the new drivers to the system and it worked fine. I was monitoring it with Afterburner, using a little more aggresive fan ramp up to make sure that the system wasn't just overheating for a reason I could not explain. It happened again today and as such I'm thinking I have a faulty GPU and that I should get the RMA and return it.

For context, the rest of my build:
ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Ryzen 7 37000X
2x16 Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3600mhz
EVGA BQ 750+ PSU.

The rest of the system is working as intended, in fact I could still hear my teammates briefly after the graphics card decided to go kapoot earlier.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS