News GeForce RTX 3080, 3070, and 3060 Featured in the Latest Newegg Shuffle

peachpuff

Reputable
Apr 6, 2021
Didn't you hear? Newegg are the scalpers, their regular "msrp" prices are higher than every other store, and they can also take these gpu combo bundles and shove them where the sun don't shine.

Didn't you hear? Newegg are the scalpers, their regular "msrp" prices are higher than every other store, and they can also take these gpu combo bundles and shove them where the sun don't shine.
Newegg certainly isn't being altruistic here. $520 for a card that should cost $350 or so, or $750 for a card that should cost $550. But people are willing to pay a lot more than those prices, so for those that need a new GPU, this is at least worth a shot.
I wonder what percentage of Shuffle winners end up selling the parts on eBay? LOL

Reactions: Phaaze88
It's too bad Newegg shuffle is terrible at more than just the prices. Newegg isn't just using the shuffle to sell cards, they're using it drive extra business to the site as well as to sell off stock in GPU bundles with items nobody wanted to buy. Plus with all the extra people entering the shuffle every week, the chances of "winning" are getting far worse than they were 2 months ago. Newegg also doesn't stop people from entering again if they already won a GPU recently, which means someone can win again and likely scalp the card. I know of at least 2 people (one being my "friend") having won shuffle 6 and 8 (6 GPU bundles) times over a month period. It's sickening to think about...

Shuffle is honestly one of the worst ways to get a GPU now. The whole thing needs to be redone a different way or just block previous winners for 1-2 weeks or an entire month to reduce the pool of people entering shuffle every week.

Reactions: bigdragon
It's too bad Newegg shuffle is terrible at more than just the prices. Newegg isn't just using the shuffle to sell cards, they're using it drive extra business to the site as well as to sell off stock in GPU bundles with items nobody wanted to buy. Plus with all the extra people entering the shuffle every week, the chances of "winning" are getting far worse than they were 2 months ago. Newegg also doesn't stop people from entering again if they already won a GPU recently, which means someone can win again and likely scalp the card. I know of at least 2 people (one being my "friend") having won shuffle 6 and 8 (6 GPU bundles) times over a month period. It's sickening to think about...

Shuffle is honestly one of the worst ways to get a GPU now. The whole thing needs to be redone a different way or just block previous winners for 1-2 weeks or an entire month to reduce the pool of people entering shuffle every week.
What everyone really wants to know is how many of each product are actually available. Because without that data, you have no idea of the odds of winning -- and we'd also need to know how many people enter each time.

Newegg is being very opportunistic here. Like you said, it drives traffic without them actually doing much else to benefit gamers. But the bundling is supposed to cut down on miners who just want the GPU. Problem is, miners aren't dumb and can still sell off the mobo if needed. And the biggest miners just go direct to the manufacturers anyway.