News GeForce RTX 3080 Promises 60+ FPS At 4K With Max Eye Candy And Ray Tracing

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
10Gb isn't enough for 4K Max graphics with RT. My 2080 Ti's 11Gb is nearly maxed in CoD Modern Warfare 4K max settings.

Nearly maxed out ? like how much ?

The max setting with raytracing ON recommendation for this game is RTX 2080 Super ... That is 8GB Vram ..

Also how do you judge all the 4K gaming based on just one game?

The max setting with raytracing ON recommendation for this game is RTX 2080 Super ... That is 8GB Vram ..

In online maps VRAM usage is around 10800mb using AfterBurner. I am talking about 4K RT with AA 2x Filmic etc all maxed.
Without RT vram usage is around 9500mb.

Can you try and tell me your VRAM usage in that game with those settings? Maybe its a game bug. I have the latest updates though.

I submitted many tickets to Activision bcz certain areas of certain maps drop to under 15fps instantly. Been months no reply.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Can you try and tell me your VRAM usage in that game with those settings? Maybe its a game bug. I have the latest updates though.

I submitted many tickets to Activision bcz certain areas of certain maps drop to under 15fps instantly. Been months no reply.

You are Right no bugs ... just checked with a friend , and he said 10500MB on his system .

Reactions: Zizo007

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
It sucks bcz sometimes the game drops to under 15fps instantly in certain areas of certain maps, Activision doesn't want to fix the issue. I have already made 5 tickets.

This is because the Game is using the system memory for the needed missing VRAM ... you need to lower some effects thats all . I did not expect that by the way . This changed my plans for RTX 3080 upgrade ...

BEWARE, almost all video games will consume more vram than it needs. There's a set limit on how much the game engine requires, then it uses some or the rest of your VRAM for other non important stuff. Very similar to Windows 10, how it will use all your RAM but like half of it most of the time is just extra stuff that isn't important. (Easy test, transfer a video from one hard drive to another, if large enough, all your RAM should be saturated according to task manager (under standby data).

BEWARE, almost all video games will consume more vram than it needs. There's a set limit on how much the game engine requires, then it uses some or the rest of your VRAM for other non important stuff. Very similar to Windows 10, how it will use all your RAM but like half of it most of the time is just extra stuff that isn't important. (Easy test, transfer a video from one hard drive to another, if large enough, all your RAM should be saturated according to task manager (under standby data).
How do I reduce my VRAM usage? I want to max the game without maxing my VRAM. I have disabled RT usage is still 10750Mb. That's insane. Why would they do that and market gpus for 4K?

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019

True , but when the game suddenly drops from 80 fps to 15 fps , this means that there is a shortage in VRAM and the card is using System RAM . it is better to stay on the safe side when buying a Graphic card.