News GeForce RTX 3090 Blower GPUs Vanish Into Thin Air

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Blower cards exist in the 30-series? I saw them get announced in the past, but I don't recall any of them ever get listed for sale. Obviously, zero in stock ever too.

State of play: Nvidia and AIB GPU products occasionally get listed for sale, but gamers are more likely to hit the lottery than acquire one. AMD and AIB GPUs get listed at the old scalper prices. The current scalper prices are double what they used to be.

Terrible time to be a PC gamer. I wonder when Epic, Valve, Blizzard, EA, Activision, Take Two, Ubisoft, and friends are going to start feeling the pinch from their customers not being able to acquire hardware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Krotow
Feb 24, 2021
Meh , If it really has a market , some one for sure will make a blower cooler for RTX 3090 and profit from it. It is not that hard to make.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
Meh , If it really has a market , some one for sure will make a blower cooler for RTX 3090 and profit from it. It is not that hard to make.
They're not being discontinued because they are hard to make. Nvidia reportedly doesn't want businesses and researchers using 3090's instead of the much more expensive professional lines. I doubt the professional lines are seeing the same scalping/mining issues the gaming cards are, so probably a smart business move to stop gaming gpu's entering the professional markets.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
They're not being discontinued because they are hard to make. Nvidia reportedly doesn't want businesses and researchers using 3090's instead of the much more expensive professional lines. I doubt the professional lines are seeing the same scalping/mining issues the gaming cards are, so probably a smart business move to stop gaming gpu's entering the professional markets.
But aren't those folks the ones with the best use case for the 3090/Titan cards - the Poor Man's Quadro, at the cost of certificate and driver support?

Reactions: Jim90
Mar 2, 2021
Graphics card manufacturers have reportedly discontinued their GeForce RTX 3090 GPUs with blower designs.

GeForce RTX 3090 Blower GPUs Vanish Into Thin Air : GarageBand
That can be good in the right scenario – like a small form-factor PC case, where you can’t afford to have that hot air swirling around internally, or heavyweight multiple-GPU builds – but they aren't as good at keeping the GPU cooler, and the graphics card is noisier with a blower solution.

Last edited:
They won't, because people will go where it's more convenient.
CoD Mobile, anyone?
:vomi:

Do you guys not have phones?

Phones are boring. Nowadays cool mobile games are almost nowhere to found. Freemium everywhere with ads galore killed the rest of wish to play something in phone. PC was the last haven safe from ads, freemium (in some degree) and morons who can do with my stuff what they want. And now we can't even build them. Consoles suck also by the same reason - it is not possible to control where I will keep my stuff and what I can do with it.

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
But aren't those folks the ones with the best use case for the 3090/Titan cards - the Poor Man's Quadro, at the cost of certificate and driver support?
Sure, but with the current state of the market, there is zero issue selling every 3090 that can be produced to non-professionals, so anyone that can be bumped up to a professional card is a GPU sale Nvidia will get that they may not have before and at higher margins.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Phones are boring. Nowadays cool mobile games are almost nowhere to found. Freemium everywhere with ads galore killed the rest of wish to play something in phone. PC was the last haven safe from ads, freemium (in some degree) and morons who can do with my stuff what they want. And now we can't even build them. Consoles suck also by the same reason - it is not possible to control where I will keep my stuff and what I can do with it.
I don't know if you noticed, but... companies are making a KILLING on mobile... and it's the fault of the people who enable that BS.
Hmm, just like scalping, and the pitiful state of sports games... :unsure:

If only those people knew that what they were doing was stagnating the progress and innovation of those games...
If there's a more convenient way to make money, they are going to do it; recycling the same ol' trash loaded with MTX... and some suckers are still going to eat that up.
I spent wasted enough money through WoW - the mounts, pets, Collector's Editions... all worthless now; and none of the digital stuff belongs to me.
I'm not making that mistake again. If I ever get back into it again, I'll just pay the for the standard editions and nothing more.

I don't know how people can play certain games on those tiny screens. I just play Sudoku from time to time on mine, and that's it.

Sure, but with the current state of the market, there is zero issue selling every 3090 that can be produced to non-professionals, so anyone that can be bumped up to a professional card is a GPU sale Nvidia will get that they may not have before and at higher margins.
/sigh
I wish I could argue with that, but I can't...

Giroro

Splendid
I would argue that, even at retail prices, gamers probably shouldn't be buying an RTX 3090 or any titan card.
But if you do, it's a bad idea to put that 350W card into a small form factor case, no matter what fan is on it.

I don't know if you noticed, but... companies are making a KILLING on mobile... and it's the fault of the people who enable that BS.
Hmm, just like scalping, and the pitiful state of sports games... :unsure:

I'm completely aware about how people greed and wishes to get the result by any cost defiled game developing from art into cash register. And it become only worse.

f only those people knew that what they were doing was stagnating the progress and innovation of those games...
If there's a more convenient way to make money, they are going to do it; recycling the same ol' trash loaded with MTX... and some suckers are still going to eat that up.

- Après moi, le déluge. Gaming industry at today are in vicious circle where bad and evil solutions are pushed to reckless customers with a money. With expected final and I completely don't like that.

Reactions: Phaaze88