News GeForce RTX 4090 Blower GPU Blows Hot and Loud

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
Blowers just make too much sense these days with all the high wattage. I picked up a 3080 turbo blower for my son's micro-atx case because how the heck would you cool off a standard 3080 in such a small space without just taking all the sides off? No problem with a blower-style gpu. Heat goes out. Done. Too bad if NGreedia and AMD don't like consumer-facing blowers. We do. Maybe some independent company should start making blower kits? Turn your re-circulating case heater into a blower for a couple hundred extra? Maybe... Certainly better than paying 5x the price for the exact same thing as a "professional" version.

Reactions: bigdragon

Amdlova

Distinguished
Blower card with a triple slot design will be great little card. Nvidia don't make anymore blower card because has fear someone put on hack, farming or other ia project. But you can get a "pro version" with a pro tag price. Consumer version 2000+ / pro version 7000+

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
For a couple hundred extra, water cool.

Usually the only regular customers for blower style cards are OEMs and workstation builders for the reasons you mentioned.

There were quite a few 3090 blower cards available retail, so they aren't unheard of. I think they are just trying to get as much as possible with the upmarket add-in coolers before making a cheap version to sell at MSRP.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Just reminds me of one of the funniest open mic instances. Playing WoW when we just heard at random in the background a wife yelling across the house to her husband to stop playing and go pick up some eggs. And then his response that he can pick up eggs later or in the morning, and her just saying, "But we are out of eggs!" repeatedly.

This devolved into a series of more and more absurd fictitious reasons to be AFK. "hold on, the dog's on fire". "Just a moment, octopus on the ceiling." Or just the occasional "Hmm, must be out of eggs" when someone didn't make it back when everyone else was ready to go.