GeForce256 Vs. MX

G

Which would you recommend, the GeForce2 MX or GeForce256 DDR? Thanks.

G

I have the 256DDR (ASUS V6800 DLX) and it's wonderful. Plays all current games without problem (on PIII 800/384MB RAM). MX I believe is similar, but it does support a few more features (which in turn might slow down the gaming some... but we're talking a few fps... nothing big, considering the boost you'll get in visual quality). I'd probably go with a MX just because it's newer and will be supported longer...

crapple0

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd go with the MX...since it's the stripped down of the GeForce 2, it not only supports additional features, but it should still be about 1.5x faster than a GeForce 1

~Crapple0

"intel inside, idiot outside"

G

Actually It depends on what games your playing, but for the most part these 2 cards are nearly even. However youll likely find an MX a tad cheaper than a GF1, not to mention it uses the newer GF2 chip. Those 2 factor make it my recommendation.

<i>Nascar racing is one of the few sports where spectators routinely die</i>

G

Definitely the GeForce 2mx, it's newer and more refined, and will be supported longer.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The 256 DDR is faster than the MX. If this is what you are after then get the DDR. If you want a good performer for the price, then get the MX.