Geforce3 instead for a GL workstation?

Lowlypawn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Geforce3 instead for a GL workstation?

I just read Tom’s article “Open GL workstation power” and was wondering how the best Geforce3 would stack up the competition? Would the software fail to run properly?

Also I saw a hack for turning a GF2 into an Elsa Gloria (don’t remember which one exactly) by some soldering and using the Gloria BIOS. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Maybe there will be a similar hack for the GF3?

Thx & Cya

<font color=green>I may go to <font color=red>hell</font color=red> but at least I won't get lonely</font color=green>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I was hoping THG would give a comparison between the professional and the commercial card (preferably a GF3) as a reference like last year. GF3 may have been able to keep up. Plus GF3 is the only card that can do vertex shading which makes the other cards obsolete for doing DX8 game graphics if you are going to use vertex shading. For straight out engineering/animation sounds like the professional cards have a good advantage. Not so much as they use to compared to the commercial cards.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Oh, well I am not interested in a debate. If you need an engineering card then you need to get a engineering card plain and simple.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sorry, I think you misunderstood, I was not trying to start a debate with you at all. Just making reference to a past debate that started out like this thread, my modest attempt at humor I guess :(

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Sorry, I didn't mean "you" as literally you just someone who has a specialize need for a professional card. I didn't take it that you wanted a debate, just my response was to vague to clarify my thoughts. I'll be a little bit more specific in the future. Thanks for the feedback.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by noko on 06/16/01 01:15 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
You keep telling us how RADEON 2 beats GF3....
Where did you get your Radeon2 ?

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

G

I think I saw some guy get a GF3 core running at 300mhz, that would be crazy for workstation performance. Lol about the tonestar thing, he'll be here I'm sure...

TRENDING THREADS