GeForce3

G

I am looking for thew best card for mainly Graphic design.
I know that GeForce3 is an excellent 3D card, but will it be good enough for Graphic design (2D)?

G

mango,
rcf84 <i> hates </i> NVIDIA. His posts are biased to the point of being useless in my opinion. Look around in some of the other graphics cards threads: it won't be long before you can make a decision for yourself about the accuracy of his posts.

Please note that I am not saying he is wrong. I don't feel like I know enough about 2D quality/graphics design capabilities of the different cards to make a helpful comment. My only point here is that you should definitely wait for more advice, and read the other posts of all advisers to see if they are reliable, before laying down any big chunks of money. :cool:

Regards,
Warden

G

Don't listen to rcf84. Matrox still (IMHO) has the best 2D image quality, but their cards stink for 3D games.

You could think about buying a GeForce 3 AGP and a Matrox G400 PCI, put them both in your machine, with 2 monitors (2d/3d). This would be expensive though.

All cards have *pretty* good 2d, and unless you're talking <i>really</i> serious graphic design, then I'd say go for a GeForce 2 and spend more money on a good monitor.

~ I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully ~<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Verteron on 04/22/01 12:10 PM.</EM></FONT></P>