Geforce4 MX 440 8x AGP vs FX5600-XT 128meg

ozman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2003

I recently bought a FX5600-XT card to replace my Geforce4 MX 440 8X. I'm
wondering if I made a lateral move or if it is a faster card. I wanted a
DX9 card but I don't want to break the bank. So I thought a middle of the
line FX card would do the trick. I thought all FX cards should be faster
than Geforce4, but I'm learning that I was wrong. Is it worth to keep the
FX5600-XT or should I return it?

--
Ozman

"Ozman" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in message
> I recently bought a FX5600-XT card to replace my Geforce4 MX 440 8X. I'm
> wondering if I made a lateral move or if it is a faster card. I wanted a
> DX9 card but I don't want to break the bank. So I thought a middle of the
> line FX card would do the trick. I thought all FX cards should be faster
> than Geforce4, but I'm learning that I was wrong. Is it worth to keep the
> FX5600-XT or should I return it?

I would use the FX5600XT over any MX series. If you can return and get a
bette card, then get anything above FX5700.

CapFusion,....

It's considered slow; return it.

--
DaveW

"Ozman" <bill@phisupply.com> wrote in <3JRJc.21548$vN3.12213@twister.rdc-
kc.rr.com>:

>I recently bought a FX5600-XT card to replace my Geforce4 MX 440 8X. I'm
>wondering if I made a lateral move or if it is a faster card. I wanted a
>DX9 card but I don't want to break the bank. So I thought a middle of the
>line FX card would do the trick. I thought all FX cards should be faster
>than Geforce4, but I'm learning that I was wrong. Is it worth to keep the
>FX5600-XT or should I return it?

The 5600XT is an 64-bits version from the 5600 ...not the most fastest
card..but neither is the GF4 MX fast....

You ought to see if you got "forward" enough to support the upgrade....

But playing DX9 titles on the card... changes are low you get performance
enough out of the 5600XT card!

ozman

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2003