GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE

Hello,

was just wondering if anyone knows of an overclocking facility for the
GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE?

Regards

Jm

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

"Jaryth" <Jaryth_Saryth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> was just wondering if anyone knows of an overclocking facility for the
> GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE?

Google for "Coolbits", it's a generic registry hack for all NVIDIA cards,
and allows you to set the core/memory clock frequencies from the NVIDIA
driver properties.

Beowulf

Distinguished
May 29, 2004

Phil wrote:
> "Jaryth" <Jaryth_Saryth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>was just wondering if anyone knows of an overclocking facility for the
>>GeForce4 Ti 4800 SE?
>>

> Google for "Coolbits", it's a generic registry hack for all NVIDIA cards,
> and allows you to set the core/memory clock frequencies from the NVIDIA
> driver properties.

Depending on the driver version, "coolbits" reg hack may already be set
up. Poke arond in you advanced Geforce props. Besides "coolbits"
RivaTuner has always been a favorite.

Since I still run an Athlon 800MHz/4X AGP with the G4 ti4800, I don't
bother anymore - the low end CPUs, say to about 1.5GHz or so, and older
4X AGP mobos just can't feed enough data to and from the card to make a
noticeable improvement in performance by overclocking the card. A few
fps boost in benchmarks is meaningless.

If you truly need a gaming speed boost: 1. new card, or better: 2. more
and faster SDRAM, faster CPU, 4. faster mobo. For less than a new top
of the line vid card, you can upgrade CPU/mobo/memory and get a massive
speed boost in all apps, not just games.

RivaTuner does it best. You even have the option to set different levels of
overclock accuracy with stability tradeoffs (if are a control freak and must
see 460 MHz instead of 458.7...)