Geforce7100gs

andybhoy_2009

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
i purchased a graphics card on eBay advertised as a Sparkle 9400 GT 1 GB at a reasonable Price well so i thought till arrival of item it was falsely advertised OK i got the 9 series box. it is a model 7100 GS 128 MB DDR 3 tv out DVI. Also has no fan and don't know if i need one How can i find the specs and manufacturer of this item. preferably b4 i put it in the mahine. googled images and found this - www.diablotek.com/Images_U/SPEC_V7100GS-128P.pdf - but not completly sure if its the one i got looks very like it. some 7100gs have 512mb turbo cache supporting i noticed not sure about this. In fact didnt really know much about graphics cards till all this happened. have given myself a crash course. didnt have a clue about them. couldnt even tell you the differenc between gefore and ati or pci and agp b4 the weekend. Can anyone help please. Know i should have went to computer warehouse locally know.

GPU-Z will give you the information you are looking for.
You will need to hook it up in the machine to use it, so make sure there is cooling on the card in advance.
There should be at least a heatsink over the chip.
If it is a bare chip, it need at least a heatsink, better heatsink/fan.

andybhoy_2009

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
cheers mate. ill check that out there is a heatsink on top and managed to find out its is palit microsytems card by googling the barcode. still not sure about 512mb supporting cache is about. it is only a 128mb card.

andybhoy_2009

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
got graphics card installed works fine improved graphics but not the card that i wanted. now know all specs using gpu z. thnx. using it for just or now ill save for an hd one and buy it at local computer shop.thanks. just have to watch temp since no fan but ther is heat sink temp its at 73oC.

andybhoy_2009

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
i read the description wrong it said model number in descripon but item was listed as 9400 gt card. a 9400gt box with the the a card on top of it in the pic. so i think this was false advertising. but i should have read item desciption more.in desription all it says was on the box it says 9400gt on the card model 7100gs. it was the fact it was listed in ebay as the newer card. so i got the box for the card probaly in his machine now.

Sounds like deceptive advertising rather than false advertising.

It would seem the seller was betting on your focusing on the box itself rather than reading through the description which states the actual card you will get.

Vote him down and report his deceptive advertising to eBay.