Review GeIL Evo V DDR5-6200 C34 Review: Ready For Take Off

domih

Reputable
Jan 31, 2020
During a same performance test, what is the temperature of these sticks with the fans running? With only one fan running? Without the fans? Without the entire heat spreader?

Mmm... yes, that's what I thought.

Reactions: RichardtST

RichardtST

Notable
May 17, 2022
See, now this is exactly the kind of thing that I would get. Not because I need it. Not because it helps keep the RAM cool. No. Just because. That's why. :)

Except that it apparently isn't even done correctly. Fans wear out. Fans are noisy. Fans are absolute crap and I generally hate them, but they look neat and in some cases they actually do something useful. The problem here is that these apparently run all the time. I can guarantee that as soon as I bought this, within a week, a fan would start whining loudly and be hideous. Why would you make the fans run all the time? FFS put a temperature sensor on it so it's off until needed. Maybe make it spin just for fun for a couple minutes each day. But don't kill the fan early by running it when it isn't needed. That's just dumb.

And yes, as an earlier poster said, it would have been nice to see at least some testing showing temperature with fans off vs fans on. We all suspect the results to be almost identical, but confirmation would be useful.

TechieTwo

Notable
Oct 12, 2022
This is just marketing 101. It's no different than RGB. If it makes you happy then buy it. If not buy something else. Paying for something you don't need or want is foolish.