GeIL Shows Off 109-button Mechanical Keyboard at Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjamonkeh

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2010
they keyboard looks the same as the 10 dollar one i bought from walmart, cept they painted some of the keys a different color. somehow I think it will cost more than 10 bucks.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
[citation][nom]Razor512[/nom]who would spend that much for a mouse cable holder?I can understand it costing at most $5.$25 is just insane[/citation]

Who would pay for a mouse cable holder to begin with? Been using piece of bluestick for years and still working fine.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]ninjamonkeh[/nom]they keyboard looks the same as the 10 dollar one i bought from walmart, cept they painted some of the keys a different color. somehow I think it will cost more than 10 bucks.[/citation]

One Word - Anti-ghosting.

[citation][nom]ninjamonkeh[/nom]they keyboard looks the same as the 10 dollar one i bought from walmart, cept they painted some of the keys a different color. somehow I think it will cost more than 10 bucks.[/citation]

Yea your $10 dollar keyboard and this are nothing alike. This one has mechanical keys which means more can be pressed at the same time without them not doing anything. Yours though would probably choke with more than 2 or 3 keys pressed at once.

This iis like the Corsair K60/90 series of keyboards. If you truly game, those are some of the nicest ones.

mavikt

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
About those images; Am I the only one having problem viewing the hi-res version of them (you know, click, new window, click again), or are the links bad? This is the second time now I'm having problem accessing the hi-res images from the trade show reports...

And please Tom's; Could you make the hi-res images show on the first link instead...?

G

Once you go mech, you never go back. Now Logitech gaming keyboards are expensive. They use rubber dome, yet cost as much, or even more than some mechanical keyboards.

... I think I like the style of the white ram modules... that would be sweet inside one of the white cases I am considering... but sadly reality only allows so much money to be reserved for vanity lol.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]Archanon[/nom]Once you go mech, you never go back. Now Logitech gaming keyboards are expensive. They use rubber dome, yet cost as much, or even more than some mechanical keyboards.[/citation]

Indeed. A friend gave a gaming mouse, I loved it, but it broke in a month.

I found it hard transitioning back to my generic Dell 200dpi mouse.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]getochkn[/nom]Why do people need colored buttons for gaming? Do you not know your basic keys and if you have to look down to find your keys all the time, you're going to get shot.[/citation]

The douche factor?

Disclaimer: I have customisable backlit keys, more ostentatious than douchey, or so I tell myself.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]I don't think the brown keyboard will sell very well...[/citation]
I don't see why... brown types better than the switches without any form of tactile feedback. Not to mention, I like to feel when it actuates without having to bottom out the key.

What's really frustrating is that it's impossible to find a mechanical keyboard with the following:
Backlighting
Volume controls
Brown switches
Tenkeyless
PS/2 w/ NKRO

I would buy that in a heartbeat. But, it doesn't really exist.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]anti-painkilla[/nom]One Word - Anti-ghosting.[/citation]

No... mechanical.

You're paying for mechanical switches, not anti-ghosting (which is unnecessary with a PS/2 connector... which is actually SUPERIOR to USB for keyboards).

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]I don't see why... brown types better than the switches without any form of tactile feedback. Not to mention, I like to feel when it actuates without having to bottom out the key.What's really frustrating is that it's impossible to find a mechanical keyboard with the following:BacklightingVolume controlsBrown switchesTenkeylessPS/2 w/ NKROI would buy that in a heartbeat. But, it doesn't really exist.[/citation]

I think he was referring to the colour of the keys being brown rather they type of switches used under the keys which now you mention it, makes more sense than an aesthetic colour difference.

http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/mechanical-keyboard-guide#post_6009482 For those that are interested in the difference of the switch colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.