News GELID Slim Silence AM4: Low Profile Cooling

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
I swear they listen to our thoughts. I was just thinking about a low profile cooler for amd 3600 in a sff build. Would this work as long as you have good airflow through the case?

Ricky Zeng

Reputable
Sep 28, 2020
This cooler is pretty much useless. All thin-ITX AM4 boards use Intel 115x cooler mounting holes, so you can't even use this one which has an AM4 mount. Plus, the 23mm tall Silverstone NT07 has even lower profile, larger 80mm fan, full copper base, virtually silent, and it fits nearly all Thin-ITX boards:
nt07-115x-34.jpg

On regular height ITX boards, most taller cooler options beats this GELID offering. I just can't see the rationale for any usage scenario for it...

Reactions: gg83
I swear they listen to our thoughts. I was just thinking about a low profile cooler for amd 3600 in a sff build.
What do people think the stock cooler is, if not low profile? And as questionable as the performance of those are, if you get a cooler model one step up from what your CPU came with, it should work very well. So, find a stock Wraith Prism for anything 3700x or smaller, and there should be some of them out there because a lot of people replace their coolers with aftermarket models plus they are available through various retail channels, and that should be a really good low profile option for any Ryzen 3, 5 or marginally also for a Ryzen 7 in a pinch.

Certainly should probably be better than the Gelid solutions model I see here, but reviews will tell the true story.

TRENDING THREADS