GELID Speedtouch 6 FAn Controller

silent54

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
The follow has happen a few times. There wil be occasions where the touch screen doesn't work. Just the screen. All attached fans are working and the two senors attached are also working. recently, after connecting everything, touch screen and all fans worked. I shutdown power to fix a light and power backup. Touch screen doesn't but as stated all attached items do.

I'm not sure if it could be a power consumption problem. I have the power cord plugged into a power adapter that is also providing power to two other componets. So, three items are pulling power from one PSU 12v connector. I have a hard time seen that being the problem but it's the only thing I haven't tried yet.

Solution
Are we to go with info for your full system's specs based off the signature space? If so then it's proper etiquette to have posted your system's specs in the body of the thread for the sake of relevance. There may be a poor soul out there who may be on the same boat as you but may not be able to piece together the solution as the system's specs may change over time since it's in the signature space. Unless edited, the body of a thread will stand the tests of time.

Cooler Master HAF X 942
Water Cooled i5 2500K (OCed 4.5Ghz at 1.325v)
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Evga 460 GTX x 2
G.skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Asus optical drive
Kingwig Lazer LZ-1000 1000W

1KW is quite a beast in terms of power but we also need to...

Lutfij

Titan
Are we to go with info for your full system's specs based off the signature space? If so then it's proper etiquette to have posted your system's specs in the body of the thread for the sake of relevance. There may be a poor soul out there who may be on the same boat as you but may not be able to piece together the solution as the system's specs may change over time since it's in the signature space. Unless edited, the body of a thread will stand the tests of time.

Cooler Master HAF X 942
Water Cooled i5 2500K (OCed 4.5Ghz at 1.325v)
Asus P8P67 Deluxe
Evga 460 GTX x 2
G.skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900)
Asus optical drive
Kingwig Lazer LZ-1000 1000W

1KW is quite a beast in terms of power but we also need to know how long the unit has seen service since the capacitors within the PSU can degrade over time and under heat thus reducing output to nearly half depending on the sort of loads you'd put it through. Move the molex power connection to a single molex output from your PSU to the fan controller and see if the issue is persistent. If the touchscreen si yet unresponsive then the issue may very well be with the touchscreen surface. You can also perform an additional test by taking the controller over to your friends place or another system and see if the same issue is exhibited. If you're under warranty you could RMA it...?

Solution