geneforge 1 - disarming mines

I know I am a little behind the times playing this, but I missed it so
far :)

I have read plenty of hints about disarming mines in this game, but so
far I am at a loss as to how to do it.

I know about brown baton to explode some of them ...
I know about sneaking up on box mines in combat mode and quickly
retreating when they've been triggered.
I have triggered mines with a creation (and healed it, and again).

I have not, however, found out how to use my mechanical skill to disarm
mines - and it should be possible.

Anyone?

cheers, -Peter

In article <MPG.1cba0fbfd0167cad989770@news.nzl.ihugultra.co.nz>,
no.one@this.address says...
> I know I am a little behind the times playing this, but I missed it so
> far :)
>
> I have read plenty of hints about disarming mines in this game, but so
> far I am at a loss as to how to do it.
>
> I know about brown baton to explode some of them ...
> I know about sneaking up on box mines in combat mode and quickly
> retreating when they've been triggered.
> I have triggered mines with a creation (and healed it, and again).
>
> I have not, however, found out how to use my mechanical skill to disarm
> mines - and it should be possible.

IIRC, click on the mine to try to disarm it. Your skill will be checked
and if you succeed the mine will be disarmed. Otherwise it starts
ticking and you need to run (around a corner is good).

- Gerry Quinn

Bitstring <MPG.1cba0fbfd0167cad989770@news.nzl.ihugultra.co.nz>, from
the wonderful person Peter Huebner <no.one@this.address> said
>I know I am a little behind the times playing this, but I missed it so
>far :)
>
>I have read plenty of hints about disarming mines in this game, but so
>far I am at a loss as to how to do it.
>
>I know about brown baton to explode some of them ...
>I know about sneaking up on box mines in combat mode and quickly
>retreating when they've been triggered.
>I have triggered mines with a creation (and healed it, and again).
>
>I have not, however, found out how to use my mechanical skill to disarm
>mines - and it should be possible.
>
>Anyone?

Firstly the ones you disarm with a baton (little wiggly wire on top) can
ONLY be disarmed with a baton. The ones that look like orange or green
balls on 3 legs (and the ones that look like little crystals) you can
disarm by double clicking on them once you walked up to them. Be fast!
You'll get a succeed/fail message. If you failed, run like hell!

You need a high mechanical skill. At around 20 ISTR that you can disarm
anything that is disarmable .. less than about 8 and most of them will
be too tough for you. (But it's been a LONG time, so I may be
mis-remembering).

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
SC recommends the use of Firefox; Get smart, or get assimilated.

In article <Wt2O$BEXm8TCFAbd@from.is.invalid>, GSV@quik.clara.co.uk
says...

> Firstly the ones you disarm with a baton (little wiggly wire on top) can
> ONLY be disarmed with a baton. The ones that look like orange or green
> balls on 3 legs (and the ones that look like little crystals) you can
> disarm by double clicking on them once you walked up to them. Be fast!
> You'll get a succeed/fail message. If you failed, run like hell!
>
> You need a high mechanical skill. At around 20 ISTR that you can disarm
> anything that is disarmable .. less than about 8 and most of them will
> be too tough for you. (But it's been a LONG time, so I may be
> mis-remembering).

Thanks a lot :) Will give that a go as soon as I can get to it.

-P.