PC Specs
Motherboard: MSI X570-A Pro
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
Memory: x2 GSkill Trident RGB 8GB
AIO CPU Cooler: Corsair iCue H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
Case Fans: x6 Corsair GL120 RGB
Case: Lian-Li Lancool 2

So, I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me. I have 3 of those 120mm in the front, 2 of them being behind the radiator, as intake, 2 on top of the case, and 1 in the rear as exhaust. My GPU temps are awesome, as far as I'm concerned. But I know I'm definitely not getting air pressure leaning on positive. At idle, my GPU stays between 28c-32c. It's also heavily overclocked. I've never seen my GPU get past 65c. My CPU however, not so much. At idle its between 38c-50c. And under 100% load, I haven't seen it go over 75c. That's still pretty high, and I definitely want to get away from those temps. I'd like to be at 65c maximum. Preferably more like 60c, cooler than the GPU. It's not even overclocked. My water temps range from 28c-32c, and if you ask me 32c seems high for water.

I know that this won't effect CPU temps, aside from ambient temp maybe, but I ordered 3 140mm fans of the same make as the 120s. My plan is to mount 2 of the 140s on top, in place of the 120s, and then mount the other 140 left, on the front, above the radiator. I then want to take the the back exhaust fan off, and replace it with nothing. I was going to put the 4 120mm fans leftover all as intakes. 2 as a push pull configuration with the fans already on the radiator, and 2 on the bottom above the PSU. I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but to me, for some reason, 2 140mms at the top seems like it would be plenty enough of exhaust. I'd put 1 140mm on the back, but it can only fit 120. Is this too much positive pressure? Or do ya'll think it would bring my ambient temps way down, keeping the CPU cooler and the water cooler?

I know that I'm installing the AIO correctly, it was originally keeping cpu temps at 36c-45c at idle, but funnily enough, stress testing still got it up to 75c. I didn't think this was low enough, so I reseated the cooler and saw that the original thermal paste was well spread, so obviously it was making good contact. I then reapplied, I think too much thermal paste, put it back on, and booted it up, just to see higher temps on my CPU for idle, and 100% load the same. Also, because of the placement of my radiator, a small part of the pumps, maybe halfway through, are sitting on my GPU. Could this be causing higher water temps? I was thinking about getting some fishing like from the garage and lifting it up through the top of the case.

Anyways, if all of you think my fan placements are a bad idea, my other idea was to leave that 1 120mm on the rear as exhaust, and just put 1 120mm fans as an intake on the bottom. Either way, my system is going to have 10 fans, because I have 10 fans, and I know push pull config on a radiator is always a good idea. I just feel like it's not enough intake through the radiator, even with push pull, hence why I want to move 2 120mms to the bottom as intake, and put 2 140mms on top as exhaust, which I'm assuming is even more exhaust than 3 120s, and then 1 140 on the front as intake.

I really really want to see some awesome airflow and temps here, please let me know if this is a good idea, and if it can be improved. One thing to keep in mind, it may be total overkill, but when Nvidia drops their new graphics cards here in some months, I'm getting the (assumedly named) 3080Ti (I will be heavily overclocking my future GPU as well), and I will also be upgrading my CPU to rather high end. Probably not a threadripper though. I also plan to upgrade my RAM to 64GB so it's completely future proof (games are already starting to get close to maxing out memory, we all know when PS5 releases the quality of games being released going up, will cause more RAM consumption. Probably alot more at some point). So there will be alot more heat at some point. I plan on doing a custom water loop, but it's going to have to be a long time from now, because my wife definitely won't have me spending money on that when I've already bought 10 fans.

You would think my non overclocked CPU would be much cooler than my heavily overclocked GPU, but it's actually hotter. Don't know what's going on with that. Any input is greatly appreciated, even if it goes directly against my fans. But no matter what, I'd like to use all 10 fans I have. The lowest I'll go to is 8.

This is my first PC, got the parts 2 weeks ago and built it myself. Unfortunately, I don't know how to put pics on here yet. No bluetooth, but I guess, now that i think about it, I could e-mail pics to myself..

Burke_a_lot

Prominent
May 25, 2020
So you have tried top mounting the radiator? I've never done a front mount (due to my location having high ambient temperature in summer)
That should be sitting well below 30C at idle. Could be a faulty pump.

I haven't, I was under the assumption that push pull intake would be better than putting the radiator as exhaust. Also, now that i look at it, I don't think the radiator would fit at top. Furthermore, it just occurred to me that these higher water temps may be because I'm using 120mm RGB fans. I have them at max speed though, 1600RPM, but, I don't know if they have high static pressure. I just thought push pull would help alot. I could change those 2 RGB fans in the back to the stock fans that it came with, from my understanding the stock fans that come with an AIO have high static pressure. I could still do push pull, I could put my current fans on the front, even though they might have lower max RPM.