general question

atoparis

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
Installed my new motherboard ga-p35-ds3l, but am having some comlications.

first the computer beeps really loud on startup then a consecutive shorter beep, what does this mean?

also it came with some software to over clock (easy tune 5) or somthing like that, is this program worth anything? is there any easy to use software programs to use to overclock or should i just become a bios expert?

finally, i have a hanns g monitor with built in speakers, as of now i dont have a sound card, but my mother board has audio jacks with realtek hd audio 5, for somereason i have no sound whatsoever, even after i installed the realtek driver, media player doesnt play, anygame or music doesnt play, i have NO volume control on my taskbar, nothing, i just dont understand... can you help with my beeping, and sound? the overclocking is a simple problem and can be overlooked for now, but whats the deal with my sound??????? :pfff:

thanks

Anthony :sol:

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
I take it that it's not posting, or you wouldn't be getting the beeps that you are. Your manual will tell you in the troubleshooting section. I'm too lazy to download it.

atoparis

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2007
what do you mean "not posting" i will check the manual thanks... what about the deal with realtek audio, why is it a piece of crap?