[SOLVED] General Questions about CD Ripping Software

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I have a couple of general question about CD ripping software. If I were using a CD ripping program such as Media Monkey, dBpoweramp, or Winamp to rip my CDs to FLAC using their most secure or accurate rip settings, would my ripped FLAC files be identical in terms of audio properties and audio quality between the programs or would there be differences depending on the ripping software that I am using? Would this also be the case if I was either ripping CDs to or copying FLAC files into other formats such as MP3, AAC, ALAC, WAV, or WMA? I am aware that tags such as artist name, track title, and album title may differ between the programs, but I am curious if there would be differences in the song files themselves.

Thanks.

Solution
While there may or may not be "differences", whether they are discernible by ear is a whole different question.
And I expect not every CD would be the same "difference". They were all mastered differently at the source.

Try it in different formats, and see what works for you.

USAFRet

Titan
While there may or may not be "differences", whether they are discernible by ear is a whole different question.
And I expect not every CD would be the same "difference". They were all mastered differently at the source.

Try it in different formats, and see what works for you.

Solution