windows xp, im installing xp pro oem on new sys and want to put my company
info into the general tab, without using sys builder, as i have already
instlled the os. does anyone know how?

thanks

with l plates

lol

Hi,

Here's a script that will allow you to change the name of the owner
and organization.
Change Owner/Organization - XP
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

"roytek" <roytek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> windows xp, im installing xp pro oem on new sys and want to put my
> company
> info into the general tab, without using sys builder, as i have
> already
> instlled the os. does anyone know how?

If you mean OEM information, create a file called "OEMinfo.ini". Place
the file in windows\system32.

The file contentents should look like this

[General]
Manufacturer=CompanyName
Model=Computer Model
SupportURL=http://
LocalFile=
[Support Information]
Line1=
Line2=
Line3=
Line5=

Then you can create a image called OEMlogo.bmp. Place the file in
windows\system32.

--
William