fuzy_gsxr1000

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
I will ask a question as best as I have and hope I explain myself properly. I just bought a LG IPS236 monitor and I currently have a Gateway FX4710-UB003A Computer with a NVIDIA 9800GT video or I guess the proer term is grapics card. My Question is what is the best way to hook the monitor to the computer to achieve the higest resolution? I have DVI cables but it dosen't seem to work only I see anything is the blue d sub hook up I'm so frustrated about this I'm wondering if I'm over thinking any of this can somebody please help?!

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
VGA and DVI-D (single link) have the same approximate resolution capabilities, the difference is that the digital signal is immune to the cross-talk interference that can make a VGA signal look fuzzy when using a cheap non shielded cable. Not sure why your DVI cable isn't working, but you won't notice any difference between in and a VGA cable unless something is wrong with the cable.

fuzy_gsxr1000

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Sorry guys I reloaded the software and found the owners manual am I supposed to have both cables hooked up it does have steps a,b,and c but my pc obviously or grapics card dosen't have HDMI so your saying that it dosen't matter or i need to hook both them up ?

fuzy_gsxr1000

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
hooking up the vga dvi and the hdmi but i think I only need to hook only the VGA because thats whats working so far...I have to keep reading the online owners manual and figure how to disbale the e-mail alerts from this fourm...lol has to be a user-cp around here somewhere...LOL!!!!

fuzy_gsxr1000

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Ok but if I hook the other cable up the dvi you guys are saying the overall monitor would look actually better that it does now or with the blue VGA cable and that signal or did I do it right? Sorry I'm a little confused about now.