Question generic 600w psu with a gtx1060 3gb?

Jul 11, 2018
Hello everyone i have a tacens radix iv 600w psu and about to buy a gtx1060 3gb or gtx1050ti, so the question is, will my psu support it?? my xeon340 consumes 95 whatts also i got 2x4 ram ddr3 and a pair of 250ssd, seems that the gtx1060 consumes 120 at full, with it my complete pc setup will be around 240watts. wiil be fine with that psu?? i dont see why not, at very bad the psu will give me around 300watt , will not?? thanks

A GTX1060 will usually need only one 6 pin connector that your psu has.
A GTX1050ti needs none.
From a power point of view you should be ok.
From a quality point of view who knows?

The danger of a cheap psu is not that it might not have sufficient power, it is that if it should fail under load it will not have the protective circuitry to keep from damaging other parts.

Since you have been using it for a while and hopefully do not suspect a problem, go ahead and use it.
But, put a quality replacement on your list of future upgrades.

Jul 11, 2018
thanks i understand the point, not sure if is going to work becouse the card that i have right now consumes 20watts , so is a big change, i guess the chances to got a failure is less with the gtx150ti , right? the only hurt me is that right now i can get both at same price....and gtx1060 is much better...so im in dubt. what do you do in my case?

Last edited: