Generic Playstation 2 to usb converters, having issues.

memphis_212

Honorable
Aug 18, 2013
I bought 2x of these converters below, and never had an issue with them at all. I would simply plug them in and they would install drivers and work. In windows 7 or 10. I am currently on win 7.

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-PlayStation-Converter-DualShock-Controllers-3/dp/B0096PSFBG

I can't find a driver to support this at all, but also never needed one to play on pcsx2/snes/nes/sega emulators etc.

This won't even recognize anymore, will continue to try to troubleshoot and report findings.

Any ideas or advice just post.

I am curious if there is anyway to expand drivers/ like generic ones in windows 7 ? any advice?

Solution
Are you just trying to use a ps1 or ps2 controller and the adapters aren’t working on your pc?

My suggestion is using a ds4 controller and downloading ds4windows. I’ve used it and works very well as long as your DS4 charging cable is good (ie is snug and doesn’t stop charging if you bump it randomly)

From that DS4Windows you can reconfigure your button mapping’s and you’re on your way!

If this doesn’t answer what exactly you’re looking for let me know!
Sep 19, 2018
Are you just trying to use a ps1 or ps2 controller and the adapters aren’t working on your pc?

My suggestion is using a ds4 controller and downloading ds4windows. I’ve used it and works very well as long as your DS4 charging cable is good (ie is snug and doesn’t stop charging if you bump it randomly)

From that DS4Windows you can reconfigure your button mapping’s and you’re on your way!

If this doesn’t answer what exactly you’re looking for let me know!

Solution