Genius Brings Manticore Gaming Keyboard to North America

Status
Not open for further replies.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
I went to their website to find a comprehensive pictoral and specification documentation and was instead rewarded with digitally enhanced imagery and videos with cartoon robots and explosions. This is hardware. Not a video game. Honestly looks like they are spending more on designing their website and videos for their product than they are on their product. I managed to find a video of some actual demonstration of this keyboard off of another site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz2u3u_6SO0
What I'm looking at when they're panning around the keyboard and he's holding it, is what it is made out of and the quality of that material. Firstly, he's holding it upright between three fingers. It can't weigh much. You need a heavy keyboard for gaming. It also goes to show that it's made of crap and plastic. The camera views show some of that imperfect casting mold on the keys, as well as that cheap reflective plastic that we've been quite familiar with from companies like Rosewill (at least they charge $30 for their cheap stuff). This keyboard is clocking in at $80? Must be some really fancy lights in this thing (note more than half the youtube video was LED demo).

Per recommendation of another Tom's article, I decided to buy a Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition a few months back. Best keyboard ever. Just the feel and finish of it. Smooth but not slick. You cannot hold it between three fingers because it is not a cheap piece of crap. It is built like Fort Knox. Every single key is programmable. No extra clutter keys all over the place taking up space on my desk. MECHANICAL keys. $60. I honestly don't see other mechanical keyboards or gaming keyboards for that matter competing with these at that price. Razer's software and support are top notch. They once mailed me a space bar because I broke my keyboard, it wasn't under warranty and I had purchased it used (and it was an older model, the guy said he had to go looking for the part). I don't know what else to say.

Jamie Broughton

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
I'm amazed how you guys can write a review just from watching a video. I own the keyboard and you are 100% wrong about it. It is a great gaming keyboard. Before you review a product next time you might want to actually have at least used it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.