"Genuine Advantage" crack?

Does anyone know how to get around the "Genuine Advantage" update?

Yes, purchase and install a legitimate version of Windows XP!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote:

| Does anyone know how to get around the "Genuine Advantage" update?

dilligaf

Yes go into the IE EXPLOADER go to internet options programs then click on
manage add ons find the add-ons that have been used by IE find the Windows
Genuine Advantage highlight it and then at the bottom click on disable and
you can recive updates.

"+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get around the "Genuine Advantage" update?

Who said his was not legitimate??

Don Burnette

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Yes, purchase and install a legitimate version of Windows XP!
>

>> Does anyone know how to get around the "Genuine Advantage" update?

My version is legitimate - but I want to approve everything that goes on my
machine - and Microsoft hasn't shown me that they're reliable enough that I
should just "trust" them. Besides, I don't like the idea of being forced to
accept everything they want to send my way.

> Yes, purchase and install a legitimate version of Windows XP!
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote:
>
> | Does anyone know how to get around the "Genuine Advantage" update?

About Genuine Microsoft Software
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/whyvalidate.aspx

Windows Genuine Advantage FAQ
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en

Protecting Your Privacy
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/PrivacyInfo.aspx?displaylang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote:

| My version is legitimate - but I want to approve everything that goes on my
| machine - and Microsoft hasn't shown me that they're reliable enough that I
| should just "trust" them. Besides, I don't like the idea of being forced to
| accept everything they want to send my way.

Ed

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:12:37 -0500, "Don Burnette"
<d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>Who said his was not legitimate??

Don't you just love the arrogance. More proof that this conglomerate
and all its hoard of robots consider the great unwashed public to be
thieves. Or at least until they can prove they aren't and even then,
with a legally obtained and paid for copy in your hands, there still
isn't any guarantee that this conglomerate that was itself subpoenaed
to appear before a Senate investigation committee into its own
business practices and ethics will honor that legally obtained and
paid for copy in your hands.

Regards,
Ed

"+++Bobby \"O\"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote:

>My version is legitimate - but I want to approve everything that goes on my
>machine - and Microsoft hasn't shown me that they're reliable enough that I
>should just "trust" them. Besides, I don't like the idea of being forced to
>accept everything they want to send my way.

If you consider them to be that untrustworthy then why are you even
using their software?

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:

>Who said his was not legitimate??
>
>Don Burnette

Can you provide any evidence of a single substantiated instance where
a legitimate copy of Windows was not accepted by WGA?

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service
http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Ed

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 20:18:52 -0400, "+++Bobby \"O\"+++"
<rmo555@cox.net> wrote:

>and Microsoft hasn't shown me that they're reliable enough that I
>should just "trust" them.

Smart move on your behalf knowing the reputation of the conglomerate
in question. The United State Senate thought they were shady enough
to pull their ass in before an investigation committee. AND... as you
see, they assumed your copy was illegitimate and you were a crook
right off the bat. These people have no honor or ethics and they have
the gaul to question our honor or ethics and assume us to be crooks
until we can prove we are not because their bug laden activation
scheme is known for not working.

Regards,
Ed

Does you bank require ID to confirm identity when cashing a check?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Ed" wrote:

| Smart move on your behalf knowing the reputation of the conglomerate
| in question. The United State Senate thought they were shady enough
| to pull their ass in before an investigation committee. AND... as you
| see, they assumed your copy was illegitimate and you were a crook
| right off the bat. These people have no honor or ethics and they have
| the gaul to question our honor or ethics and assume us to be crooks
| until we can prove we are not because their bug laden activation
| scheme is known for not working.
|
| Regards,
| Ed

Ed

On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 21:00:37 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:

>Does you bank require ID to confirm identity when cashing a check?

Nope.... And... they haven't been subpoenaed to appear before a
Senate Investigation Committee to defend their questionable business
practices and ethics either..... I guess one goes hand in hand with
the other... In other words, Crooks and those that flock around them
and proudly fly their banner always seem to be the most suspicious of
others..... Hummmm...... sort of like those that assume when others
have issues with activation or verification that the victim is running
an illegitimate copy.... Sound Familiar? Spin it as you will but you
can't hide what you are.....

Ed

In news:g91ih1h25pu2u7q4ccce45ejfaifhql6ds@4ax.com,
Ed <fake@fake.com> typed:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 21:00:37 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
> <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does you bank require ID to confirm identity when cashing a check?
>
> Nope.... And... they haven't been subpoenaed to appear before a
> Senate Investigation Committee to defend their questionable business
> practices and ethics either.....

I guess you don't bank with one of those Savings & Loans I read about in the
papers a few years back. That's good.

<rant snipped>

In article <#qqTcuAsFHA.260@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, Carey Frisch
[MVP] favored us with...
> "+++Bobby "O"+++" wrote:
> | Does anyone know how to get around the "Genuine Advantage" update?

> Yes, purchase and install a legitimate version of Windows XP!

It's not always appropriate to go for the "zinger", my friend.

I have a legitimate copy of XP, and still the "Genuine Advantage:
checker failed on my system. I have no idea why, but for a week or so
I was unable to get updates.

One day it mysteriously began working. If it hadn't, I'd have had to
go out looking for a cracker to use the software that I _paid_ for.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Ed wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:12:37 -0500, "Don Burnette"
> <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Who said his was not legitimate??
>
> Don't you just love the arrogance. More proof that this conglomerate
> and all its hoard of robots consider the great unwashed public to be
> thieves. Or at least until they can prove they aren't and even then,
> with a legally obtained and paid for copy in your hands, there still
> isn't any guarantee that this conglomerate that was itself subpoenaed
> to appear before a Senate investigation committee into its own
> business practices and ethics will honor that legally obtained and
> paid for copy in your hands.
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Naw, most MVPs are as idiotic as Carey.

Carey is "Special," as in Special Olympics!

--
Peace!
Kurt

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Does you bank require ID to confirm identity when cashing a check?

Is MS paying me interest for using XP?

And if you know your tellers, and are friendly to them, then you don't
need an ID to cash a check. But I suspect an sh*thead like would have
to show ID even more if your tellers got to know you.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"

Must be an XP thing. Has not hit me on W2K3

--
Peter

Ron Martell wrote:

> Can you provide any evidence of a single substantiated instance where
> a legitimate copy of Windows was not accepted by WGA?
>

> Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

As both a Canadian and American citizen, the last time I
checked was that the burden of illegitimacy is proof beyond
a shadow of doubt by the accuser, or Microsoft. Rejection
by WGA is not a demonstration of such proof since (a) WGA
has not been certified to be error-proof by an independent
organization nor (b) has Microsoft proved beyond reasonable
doubt that each Windows XP, sold through its own distribution
net and affiliates is guaranteed to pass WGA. Furthermore,
(c) Microsoft is unable to protect the legitimacy of its
own product by making it piracy-proof, thereby invalidating
WGA among those presumed legitimate purchasers. That is,
Microsoft must safeguard its very own registered trademarks
and copyrights...which it has not done successfully.

Alias

Really!

Alias
"Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote

> Who said his was not legitimate??
>
> Don Burnette
>

> Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
>> Yes, purchase and install a legitimate version of Windows XP!
>>

>>> Does anyone know how to get around the "Genuine Advantage" update?

I agree with this post.

"Ed" <fake@fake.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:12:37 -0500, "Don Burnette"
> <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Who said his was not legitimate??
>
> Don't you just love the arrogance. More proof that this conglomerate
> and all its hoard of robots consider the great unwashed public to be
> thieves. Or at least until they can prove they aren't and even then,
> with a legally obtained and paid for copy in your hands, there still
> isn't any guarantee that this conglomerate that was itself subpoenaed
> to appear before a Senate investigation committee into its own
> business practices and ethics will honor that legally obtained and
> paid for copy in your hands.
>
> Regards,
> Ed

Google is your friend?

or try www.microsoft.com

"+++Bobby "O"+++" <rmo555@cox.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to get around the "Genuine Advantage" update?

In article <sqaih1559d9sj1tju18fmo54iidtvilod4@4ax.com>, Ron Martell
favored us with...
> Can you provide any evidence of a single substantiated instance where
> a legitimate copy of Windows was not accepted by WGA?

[raises hand]

Happened to me, and someone else posted his experience upthread

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

marc

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
> Does you bank require ID to confirm identity when cashing a check?

You're attempt to compare accessing money to installing a mere download
is laughable.

Microsoft sells us a product, not a service. If they could admit it,
then a service is what they would rather sell us - with a monthly
subscription to Windows. Then, they might have a reason for wanting to
check that people who download updates were subscribers.

--
Marc
Visit http://www.iMarc.co.uk/ for contact information..

Bob