[SOLVED] GeoBook3X doesn't wake from sleep

FPRS

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2014
Hi all,

I have a GeoBook3X (Here's the link to the laptop) that suddenly stopped waking from sleep quite a while ago (months). I was caught up with other things so I didn't tackle this issue earlier.

Out of the blue the laptop stopped waking from sleep (no obvious event that could've caused it happened). But it shuts down and boots up just fine.

How do I fix this issue? Thanks!

Solution
Yeah exactly.
Looks like an OS issu to me. All I can really advice to you is reinstalling windows. You can also avoid this by not putting it to sleepmode. Change the "Lid Close" function at control pannel to not to put your pc on Sleep Mode when you close the lid but instead shut it off or something else.
Hope this helps.

Best regards
Nov 20, 2020
Hi all,

I have a GeoBook3X (Here's the link to the laptop) that suddenly stopped waking from sleep quite a while ago (months). I was caught up with other things so I didn't tackle this issue earlier.

Out of the blue the laptop stopped waking from sleep (no obvious event that could've caused it happened). But it shuts down and boots up just fine.

How do I fix this issue? Thanks!
I dont get the issue quite right? Is your laptop doesnt turn back on when you put it into "sleep mode"?

Nov 20, 2020
Yeah exactly.
Looks like an OS issu to me. All I can really advice to you is reinstalling windows. You can also avoid this by not putting it to sleepmode. Change the "Lid Close" function at control pannel to not to put your pc on Sleep Mode when you close the lid but instead shut it off or something else.
Hope this helps.

Best regards

Solution

FPRS

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2014
Hope this helps.

Best regards
I've contacted Geo support and they said the same thing (that it is OS update related). There isn't enough storage space to install the latest Windows updates (only has 32gb EMMC); but I'm going to buy an SSD and move my OS onto it; that way there will be enough space for Windows and all its updates.

Nov 20, 2020
I've contacted Geo support and they said the same thing (that it is OS update related). There isn't enough storage space to install the latest Windows updates (only has 32gb EMMC); but I'm going to buy an SSD and move my OS onto it; that way there will be enough space for Windows and all its updates.
Good to hear that. Hope you resolve the issue soon. :)

Reactions: FPRS