[SOLVED] GEOFORCE GTX 1050Ti compatibility

Jan 23, 2020
Hi all. I’ve just replaced my sons Zotac GTX750 graphics card with the Geoforce thx 1050 Ti. His motherboard is 2MB Gigabyte f2a58m-ds2.
pc boots up but no picture. I’m thinking that the graphics card is not compatible with the motherboard or vice versa, do you think that this is the issue? If it is (apart from buying a new PC) what would be a cost effective work around?

Jan 23, 2020
Hi, I’ve put the specs in my signature. The monitor is a iiyama XUB2792UHSU IPS LED

I’ve been having a mare trying to update the BIOS. I’ve downloaded the app centre and @bios but can’t get them to work. I’ve tried Q flash but it says that the new bios file is to big- as I can’t get @bios to work I’m stuck!!!

Even though I’ve followed instructions regarding missing flash.dll I’m still getting the same errors after I have put them in the appropriate folders.

what ever help you can give will be appreciated.

Jan 23, 2020
Just in case:

16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM
ZMB-GIGABYTE-F2A58M-DS2 - Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-DS2 Motherboard
AMD Athlon 860K CPU
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB Graphics Card
24x DVD-RW Optical Drive
ZRAM-8GBDDR3-1600 - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM x 2

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Hmm, I can't say that I would trust that PSU. That said, the 1050Ti only pulls 20W more than the 750, so if the 750 works, I can't really conclude that the PSU is the problem, either. Age of the PSU can play a factor, especially since that may not be a particularly good model (FSP makes good PSUs, and lousy PSUs)

Judging by this link at UserBenchmark, there are 33 builds with the 1050Ti on the same motherboard you have.

I'm not quite sure where to go next with this, so I'm hoping the others who've been responding have more of an idea of what to do.

Reactions: TopDrawGeezer
Jan 23, 2020
Doesn’t want to know. Are the fans on the graphics card supposed to spin from start? I’m wondering if the new card is meant to have a power supply. The old one didn’t but this one is more powerful.