Gesture Control Done Different: Deus Ex Technologies Making Tendon-Based Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenjitamura

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Someone forgot to take this watch off while m@st*rbating and accidentally e-mailed a video of it to all their contacts! Why oh why did they set the phone to charge on a dock that was facing them beforehand?!

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Deus Ex? Like the game? isn't this copyright infringement?

It's interesting that, although it comes from the phrase "Deus ex machina" that definitely can't be copyrighted, the term "Deus ex" with only these two words pretty much only shows up in relation to the games.

I guess it's one of those cases where the words are just simple words that can be found in a dictionary and don't contain any names or unique brand words. On the other hand, it might be on the limit of what is legal and if the game's copyright holders wanted the could start something. We've seen more ridiculous claims lately *cough cough* Sky vs Skype *cough*...

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
When I first saw the straps I though you would have to flick and bend your wrist in different ways to send commands, which would look kinda strange, but if this actually works like in the vide, using subtle finger movements then it's kinda cool. I always thought we would all look ridiculous in the future, walking in the street giving voice commands and flailing our hands around :p

Status
Not open for further replies.