Get a Free Copy of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Considering that this game will hardly utilize any of those cards to their limit, I wonder if anyone will buy the card to get the game, although for someone buying the card if they were upgrading, the game is a nice free gift.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
I got Watch Dogs with my GTX 760. Guess that is still true.

Pay 4-500 dollars to get a free game?

Thats like getting one tank of 'free' gas when purchasing a car.

GPUs haven been bundled with games forever, only it used to be 2-4 games.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
This bundle is hardly comparable to AMD's recent bundles, who are offering free games all the way down to the $60 Radeon R7 240 and offer 2 or 3 free games with their higher end cards. Unfortunately that's what happens when people are willing to buy their cards at higher prices (I'm at fault here as well, I have Nvidia cards). Thankfully some of Nvidia's cards are slowly dropping in price (a few GTX 770's can be had for a little over $300) but I can't imagine anyone looking at the GTX 780 and above care about this bundle at all.

Game should be fun though. I still play the first 2 regularly with friends. PhysX had some cool effects in the 2nd game and provided some nice visual flair.

I bought two 660Ti's but as I quite liked BL1 I was OK with it! :lol: And my friends son got a free game as well.

Can't argue there, I bought a 7790 last year (to experiment with) and got two games with it.

Given that it's a one-time key-code, I would think trying to get one off eBay would be very foolish, especially when you consider PayPal doesn't insure virtual goods, which I think this would qualify.

DomCatz

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

Given that it's a one-time key-code, I would think trying to get one off eBay would be very foolish, especially when you consider PayPal doesn't insure virtual goods, which I think this would qualify.
Well yea you don't just buy the 1st one you see. It's all about being careful and making sure you buy from a trusted seller.

raymarv

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2008
The headline should not have read "Get a Free Copy of Borderlands" but "Get Bonus Borderlands Game With Card Purchase". There was nothing FREE about this.

I guess that's your choice to make. I wouldn't risk my money online for something so easy to get away with.

airborne11b

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2008
I don't care how good any GearBox game is. I'll never buy another title from them after the Aliens:Colonial Marines disaster. They can take BL and shove it up their ass. No self respecting gamer should support this kind of garbage company. People always cry about EA, or rip on SOE for SWG (even though that was LA's fault), but people kiss GearBox's ass and support them no problem after Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Such hypocrisy, much fail, such wow!

DragonFireXY

Reputable
Jun 24, 2014

One bad game doesn't mean they're a bad developer. And this game isn't being made by gearbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.