Get a Free Level 85 Character in EverQuest 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Followed by a message, "You have won with this character, would you like to try it with another character? Press any key to continue." Lol!

1991ATServerTower

Distinguished
May 6, 2013
Upgrading my Froglok Beastlord!

EQ2 is the one game that I tried really hard to "get into", because it has all the MMO stuff that I enjoy, which makes it a pretty good replacement for SWG, but I just couldn't get into it... no matter how hard I tried... Given that I never got beyond level 30, I may as well log in and upgrade a character... see what it's like with a higher level character.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I wouldn't be much against this for existing, veteran players who have already leveled up multiple characters. Running through the storyline a 4th, time, or more, can get boring for a lot of people. That being said, learning a new class should be complex enough that you WANT to level up the character.

Giving new people the ability to buy a new character 10 levels below cap is an attempt to capture more people who really aren't interested in playing an MMO"RP"G anyway. No thanks SOE, and I'll cancel my existing account now.

1991ATServerTower

Distinguished
May 6, 2013

Not everyone is interested in playing an MMO the way YOU play an MMO. So what if some people only want to play the "end game" content - beats them not playing at all.

To each his own. There's nothing wrong with that.

Why not just sell a trainer? Then you can just program any stats you want for a character. Then give them any amount of gold, items and weapons.

Personally I don't play these games precisely because of a lack of a customizable trainer or in game console. I don't particularly enjoy spamming away for hours on end and searching every crack and crevice. I just want to slug through the bad guys, look at the nifty scenery and ogle the cool weapons/armor.

Who watches a fantasy movie to see the hero slapped around and spend hours killing woodland creatures to build up his stats? I don't, I want to see the hero decked out and kicking ass. So why would I want the opposite in a video game?

The point of these games is to escape in a fantasy. I spend enough time working out, learning and working each week. I have no desire for my fantasy character to do the same.

This still isn't enticing enough as it is only one free character and I can't customize any and every stat whenever I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.