Get a Free Trial of Norton and Enter to Win [USA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorbert

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2008
yes you can enter without dling the application just did but it says winners to be announced april 2 2010 hmm something fishy there

Right I still remember the little scam that MCaffe pulled a few months ago and that the major movie and music conglomerates have been interested in having anti-virus scanners report pirated content.

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
How many software companies can boost about the developement of a program designed specifically to remove any traces of their program from the end user's system (due to popular request).
Yea!!! Looks like they can't even give it away ?

Yes, install the trial so it can dig it's claws into your computer practiaclly infecting it like a virus.

I have uninstall that program myself and it still prompts you puchase and install. I had to go online and download a special un-installer to get rid of it completely.

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
There would have to some seriously wicked prize to get me to install the GOD-AWFUL PROGRAM. Like most of the other readers on Tom's, I happen to like it when my computer is fast, secure, and private. Are Symantec products any of these things? Not really...

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]danimal_the_animal[/nom]just download AVG for FREE!every computer that i work on that has norton is infected with viruses because norton SUCKS![/citation]AVG, or Avast, really they are both quite good. Also, I don't blame Norton for allowing viruses in, I simply blame the user.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
The prize would need to be something along the lines of a 5970 for me to scum up my OS with anything from Symantec...pass. I am slightly ashamed of Tom's for their involvement.

boogalooelectric

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
Not cool Marcus,
If your going to get into the fox hole with a Anti virus program at least make sure its an ethical one.

AVG is not good either, they will only keep you on as free for a few months then will not allow updates unless you pay them, it happened to me.

The best thing to do is switch to ubuntu for your browsing. Then if your smart and pay attention to what ubuntu tells you then you will never have to worry about a virus again.

SlickyFats

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I don't use Antivirus....basically because I know how to use the internet and know not to click on every dang thing that crosses my path.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
58% of users have security software? What the hell? No wonder people on comments complain about having crashes and errors and things. PEBKAC much?

80%, maybe 70% I could understand, but 58%??

porksmuggler

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]johnh2005[/nom]And for ANYONE that uses Norton products to go to http://www.symantec.com/nrt/ and download that software.[/citation]

Couldn't agree more. Shame on you Bestofmedia, getting Marcus to hock Norton's crap and using a contest as an incentive. New all time low for the site.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I hear if you hold up a Norton's disk to a technician they respond like vampires do to crosses.... It's just a rumor but I can't get too near the disks to check it out, Some unknown force keeps me at bay.

I have been using Norton 360 for about a year now. And I think its great, I never feel like it slows my system down or does anything bad it does a full system scan dam quick and catches viruses before I even click it if you download one. I have tested it with some pretty nasty Trojans that a friend of mine made dont ask why because hes just an idiot anyways it caught it before I could even open the folder it was in and deleted quicker then I could even have blinked.

Norton got a bad rap because well their older versions were resource hogs and just sucked. But this new verision I love and it has actually got some pretty decent reviews so for all the Norton haters its not cool to defame a company name just because they had some bad software in the past. People do the same thing when it comes to AMDs because of the few flops and the whole company going under and look at AMD now they fixing to get over on Intel and they just might if bulldozer is as goos as I think its gonna be but we will see.

So it just goes to show don't always judge something because it was crappy in the past things change some for the bad some for the good and for Nortons newest security programs two thumbs up from me.

fusion_gtx

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
I'm sorry, the new version of Norton is no better than any of the last ones. If you're not noticing a performance difference that just because your not looking for one. I want an anti-virus program that I have full control over. To me, Norton and McAfee act more like viruses in their constant annoyances than they do Anti-virus programs. Why would I want a program on my computer that I can't shutdown whenever I want?

I want an Anti-virus program that I control, not one that tells me what I'm going to do whether it's what I want or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.