Question Get an RX580 to post to an MSI P67A-GD80 motherboard

hugabone

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
I just got a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ GPU, I installed it on my MSI motherboard but I get no signal at all, I cant even get into bios. I am coming off a GTX570 GPU. I am at the latest BIOS. I understand the GPU is a UEFI card, is there anything I need to do in my UEFI/BIOS? EEFI does work because I was able to create a UEFI Windows 10 bootable drive. The GPU is used but is advertised as working.

I just got a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ GPU, I installed it on my MSI motherboard but I get no signal at all, I cant even get into bios. I am coming off a GTX570 GPU. I am at the latest BIOS. I understand the GPU is a UEFI card, is there anything I need to do in my UEFI/BIOS? EEFI does work because I was able to create a UEFI Windows 10 bootable drive. The GPU is used but is advertised as working.
What are the full system specifications, most notably the PSU?

hugabone

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
I7 2600k
16gb ram
Dell 1000w PS

On this GPU, you can use many power configuration. I have two six pins going into it until I get my dual 6 to 8 pin connector. I don't think its because of power.

I7 2600k
16gb ram
Dell 1000w PS

On this GPU, you can use many power configuration. I have two six pins going into it until I get my dual 6 to 8 pin connector. I don't think its because of power.
Power supply seems old first of all. Secondly, it’s never recommended to use a a power supply that doesn’t have the correct cables already. Using connectors and such is not recommended.

hugabone

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
It turned out I needed to update my BIOS even further. There was a totally different BIOS that accepted the next generation CPU’s from what I have and newer GPU’s.