Question Get Civ VI on new laptop

Jul 24, 2019
I've NEVER played games on a computer. NEVER... not even on an xbox or playstation, etc.
So had no idea or concept about the necessity to have a decent GPU. (know a hell of a lot now)

Long story short. Got Civ VI Gold at great price during Amazon's Prime Days. Know nothing, so install Steam, then downloaded Civ VI and clicked to play.

Error message: I have a really crappy graphics card (Seriously, I was that clueless)

So. Now have a new laptop that is gaming capable, will I be successful in doing a redo and try to load Steam, then Civ VI?
Or I can do this, but have to do something first to make it work?
Or am I just SOL and need to blow off the bucks I spent?

I hope someone else knows if there is a workaround or that there is none needed and just to load it and play.

Jul 24, 2019
The old laptop is an HP Pavilion with a "Intel HD Graphics (Core i3)" graphics card. ~Total memory 1696 MB, Display memory VRAM 64 MB, Shared memory 1632 MB.

So perhaps Civ VI can be played on this?

D

Deleted member 14196

intel integrated GPU's are terrible next the AMD ones. absolutely terrible. espcially i3 anything

Jul 24, 2019
intel integrated GPU's are terrible next the AMD ones. absolutely terrible. espcially i3 anything

Thank you, but that's not helping me one bit. Do you have any suggestions about whether I can play Civ 6 on the new laptop? Under the circumstances described in the original post? That would be helpful.

D

Deleted member 14196

let me consult my 8-ball.....

why don't you try on the new laptop instead of having us guess? if the new one meets requirements, then it should play.

Jul 24, 2019
let me consult my 8-ball.....

why don't you try on the new laptop instead of having us guess? if the new one meets requirements, then it should play.

🤣❤ That's exactly what I wish to do. However, my question is about the Civ 6 which I bought and downloaded to the old laptop (via steam). My understanding is the key code that came with the purchase can be used only one time, and it's been used.

So, when I install steam on the new laptop and try to download the Civ 6 with that key code... will I get a message about can't use it twice?
Is there something I can do with the old and/or new laptop, so I don't have to buy Civ 6 a 2nd time?

I do want to use Civ 6 on the new laptop. Just looking for a way where I don't have to buy it a 2nd time.

Jul 24, 2019
Install steam and logon to your steam account. Your games library will show your purchased games(including Civ VI) and you can install it on your new laptop with no problem
Thank you. That's the answer I was looking for. I set up Steam, and did exactly what you said. And now the game is installed and can be played.... 👍