Get Far Cry 3 Free with Samsung 840-Series 250GB SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 217926

I wish they would extend this offer to the 840 Pro. That sure would make the extra cost of the Pro more attractive and I sure have been wanting to upgrade my old 120GB Vertex 2 lately.

G

Personally, I like Samsung SSDs however, still think TLC flash based SSDs are still on the "bleeding edge" as there is currently not yet enough information to gauge their long term reliability. If they were to package Far Cry 3 with their 840 Pro (MLC based) series SSDs I'd consider it.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
nice move since it costs them nothing. just make a few more digital copies like everyone else does, only they claim hero status or it. why don't they just don't $1,000,000,000,000 virtual coins/point/etc. each year to wipe out their tax burn. you know that's where this is going, and the reason to monitize virtual money

j2j663

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2011
These are nothing compared to their pro series. I just hope the price drops a bit on the pro series for Black Friday. They still carry a ridiculous markup for being the fastest out right now.

G

After purchasing the 250GB 840 Pro, I received the download code for Assassins Creed 3 but it errored out with "Code Invalid".

G

Does anyone know which UK details will offer the Samsung 840 250gb at discounted cost with FarCry3?

hpfreak

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I have been using the 250 GB 840 for a few days now, and I love it. Works great, fairly fast- I would have liked it more if the write speed was a bit higher, but I see a great performance increased compared to my 500 GB 7,200 RPM drive. Still waiting for Ubisoft to give me a download link to the game though.

AutomaticCoding

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
I bought the 128GB version (Not because of this deal), got a code which says Assassins Creed 3 OR any optional titles from a list, in that list contained this game, went to buy it, invalid key, tried it with Assassins Creed 3 (Image on the cover of the key), invalid key.

Shitty deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.