Get Japanese Windows outside Japan?

GinFuyou

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013
Hello. New here so sorry if i'm doing something wrong and excuse my English.

I want to get Japanese version of Windows for a clean install (please note, that I'm not talking about japanese UI or default language for non-unicode apps) but all this editions and licensing policies drive me crazy.
Here is what I find on http://amazon.co.jp

Title says "Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (DSP edition) 64bit Japanese(for original install)"
And below there is a note with something like this:
"This product is paper slip with medium inside envelope. Also text on envelope states 「Japanease 1pk DSP OEI DVD」「OEM System Builder」"

Is this the thing I need? Given:
- I want a clean install (no upgrade from previous version)
- I'm kind of outside Japan, at least for a time being (will it pass activation?)
- Rather nice if I can transfer it to a new mobo when i'll be upgrading my hardware. If I googled right this IS in Microsoft licensing policy for win8 DSP?

Please be kind to confirm (or not...)!

Solution
Guess they wouldn't provide a comprehensive list of Local phone numbers all around the world if they didn't expect Activation to be Universal. I frequently activate Windows on systems whose Motherboard Serial Numbers are linked to licences from the Far East, and I'm in the UK, so I'd be very surprised if you encounter Activation problems wherever you are.
If, however, you do encounter problems despite all, this should help
1) Press Windows key + R, then type: slui.exe 4

2) Next press the 'ENTER' key

3) Select your 'Country' from the list.

4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6) Explain your problem clearly to the...

Yes, that is indeed the 'OEM' or System Builder version of Windows 8, main difference between that and the Retail version is that you are expected to provide support instead of M'soft should there be problems..
You will be able to upgrade your hardware, but may require phone call to Activate Windows if you change the Motherboard.

GinFuyou

Honorable
Oct 24, 2013

Thank you, all this abbreviations and editions are just so confusing...

But what about activation? Are there any real or formal limitations on where I'm activating a local version of Windows?
I guess MS shouldn't be checking my IP location to correspond with Win edition, but I don't want to waste 100$ to make sure.

Guess they wouldn't provide a comprehensive list of Local phone numbers all around the world if they didn't expect Activation to be Universal. I frequently activate Windows on systems whose Motherboard Serial Numbers are linked to licences from the Far East, and I'm in the UK, so I'd be very surprised if you encounter Activation problems wherever you are.
If, however, you do encounter problems despite all, this should help
1) Press Windows key + R, then type: slui.exe 4

2) Next press the 'ENTER' key

3) Select your 'Country' from the list.

4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.

5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.

6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929/en-us

Solution