News Get nearly $400 off Alienware gaming laptop with RTX 3060

KraakBal

Reputable
May 23, 2020
Just get new XMG/Eluktronics/Wootbook with 5800h, MUCH BETTER specs AND PRICE.
It has 1440p screen with acceptable color and response time, 2.5G ethernet, IR camera, HDMI2.1, etc. This is 2021, right?

All the big company offerings are really bad

It has 1440p screen with acceptable color and response time, 2.5G ethernet, IR camera, HDMI2.1, etc. This is 2021, right?
A cursory look on Notebookcheck on last year's model tells me the 1080p display was a lot better than the Eluktronic's model they compared it against. And if Dell is using the same vendor, it's an AU Optronics panel which as far as I can tell, they're a decent enough supplier.

I don't really care about 2.5G Ethernet since I rarely use that much bandwidth unless it's a backup to my NAS (and even then file system overhead tanks it). I'm pretty sure most people still have no real need to go to 2.5G

I don't see a point in an IR camera other than for Windows Hello. Though it looks like Alienware m15 doesn't have any sort of Windows Hello supported hardware. As much as I like the fingerprint reader on the last two laptops I've used, I don't really see no Windows Hello hardware support a deal breaker.

And it has HDMI 2.1.