Get Ready: VR Support For 'MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries' Is Likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Turner

Reputable
Jul 2, 2014
Isn't this literally one of the textbook worst possible applications of VR? The form of locomotion caused by putting the view-port in a bobbing cockpit will cause players to vomit uncontrollably.

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Lol buy Mech 5 and receive a 10% discount coupon on your purchase of a $1000 Mech5 synchronized bobbing computer chair recommended for those playing VR 10mins or more intervals. Pre-order Mech 5 for a machine washable complimentary Mech 5 spew bag.

Floor mounting brackets sold separately.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Piranha games is the premier company of broken promises.
Ask anyone in the mechwarrior online community.
Infact mechwarrior online was supposed to have VR support... so F those guys.

This is probably one of the first times I've been intrigued by a VR title. Don't hear me wrong, I've got a Rift DK2 and I am completely sold on VR, but I have yet to see a killer game that can/will get everyone on board and won't look like I'm in a RayMan game. Still waiting for an upgrade to the resolution before I upgrade all my stuff though

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
Have to agree, it's the first one that piques my interest.

However....

That being said, I can see this more as a nice upgrade for the "Battle Pods" they have at the conventions (i.e. Origins, GenCon, etc.). Since you're already shut into a small cockpit while playing MW4 against other players in pods, having a VR option might be a nice upgrade.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Whoops couldn't type a correct comment there - I backed MWO HEAVILY, several hundred dollars from Legendary founders through phoenix, went to two invitational events.

I'm never backing a game again. The amount of "broken" promises (which I'll just call features that changed so dramatically over time they don't resemble the initial promise made to backers when they were finally implemented COUGH COMMUNITY WARFARE). Not only that, but because of a "beta" phase that lasted a full year too long, the game never took off. Clan release <removed> up balance with clan mechs being superior to IS with no changes to tonnage limits to offset.

At least they learned their lesson - customization leads to broken builds and min/maxing. If you keep the mechs as static as possible with only minor tweaks, it keeps the "rock paper scissors" game going with mech balancing. Also having a single player is a great way to ensure you don't have to balance for multiplayer.

<watch the language>

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS