Get rid of Trend Micro Clean Boot?

Lactis

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Some one brought me a computer to look at. When it loads it ask what OS to load. Windows 8.1 or Trend Micro Clean boot. The guy did a full system restore from the an iso and still the same problem. He was also able to reduce the time it appears by editing something in the command promtp I guess.

I'm stuck, any ideas? He just wants it load straight to Windows. Also sometimes when you hit restart from the start menu it hangs and never reboots. You have to manually power it down.

Lactis

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015

Hmm tried that and only Windows 8 shows. Really strange. I'm temped to just try a restore again.

Reyaz123

Admirable
If he just wants it to boot into windows and is ok with you deleting the other OS and its files:

1.Determine the hard drive that other OS is using
2.Open disk management
3.Locate the partition with trend micro
4.Delete that partition

Lactis

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015

Also tried and don't even see any traces of it there. REALLY weird.

Reyaz123

Admirable

Woah, I have to take a look at this. Send me a screenshot of your disk management window.

I think I know the solution to this, you mentioned "trend micro". I did a google search on it and it is called "security software"
So if this were true, go into control panel, and uninstall every program that mentions "trend micro" in it. Reboot, check if you have any cds in the cd drive or usbs connected, remove them and check if "trend micro" is still a boot option.