Get Select Battlefield PC Games for $10 Each, Today Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

bavman

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Ea and origin are a terrible company combo. They have no regard for their customers. All they care about is your money. I've seen numerous people's accounts permabanned for trying to "hack" in their servers when in reality they were doing nothing wrong. There is no reasoning with them at all.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Too bad none of the BF3 expansion packs are on sale, I might have actually bought one.

Oh well BF3 is not much fun most of the time anyways; so many cheaters its hard to get a fair round in.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
$10 for BF3 + $50 for premium so you can actually join a server with other players on it rather than getting kicked back in every queue + $50 for shortcuts so you don't get raped by people with better weapons, vehicles, and equipment in your first game experience. Not worth it especially given that the game has been hacked to bits. On the upside, some of the hacking tools are free now!

uglynerdman

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
i hope origin dies already im pissed i had to go to it for my bioware sequels. they never have good deals or prices. when they slash a large % off its because theyre selling a game at 80 dollars! wtf

bigman8291

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
There is definitely alot hacking, but really, how can you complain? 10$ is definitely a good investment for BF3. I mean hell buy it on a new account made solely for that purpose then resell it to some chump for more....

tehTyrant

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Hacking is terrible in like any online game. Just get over it and play on a new server or wait for the person to be banned from the server.

People talk A LOT about bad experiences with BF3 or other online games in general, maybe the experience isn't bad because of the game, but because of how you act to other people on these servers. People don't want to play with dicks and get kicked. Granted yes, there are a few bad eggs who own servers, but for the most part most of the servers are great. But I see A LOT more people who join servers to cheat/hack/troll and get kicked then go and complain somewhere on how bad such and such server is or the game itself.

And most of the guns aren't better. A lot of players use the starter guns as their main gun. They aren't bad. It's just you. I'd say most the guns are more balanced than the guns in COD will ever be.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Last game I bought through Origin i did for the COOP mode. After I bought it I found out they didn't even support COOP on the version I purchased. The sole reason I bought it.

That was it for me. I'm done with EA.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]tehTyrant[/nom]And most of the guns aren't better. A lot of players use the starter guns as their main gun. They aren't bad. It's just you. I'd say most the guns are more balanced than the guns in COD will ever be.[/citation]

I played quite a bit of BF3 right when it came out. At one point though, I picked up a dead guy's kit and he had a thermal scope which shows all enemy players as bright yellow. I racked up so many kills with that gun (until it ran out of ammo) it was stupid. It wasn't really fun because it became so easy to kill anyone from across the map without trying. But it also made the rest of the game less fun knowing that I could be getting twice the kills if I just used that scope. I had to stop playing the game at that point. So I really only got about 3 weeks or so of enjoyment out of BF3.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
90% of those games should be less than $10 each. There's no value in this. Everything should be $10 together. Battlefield 3 and Bad Company 2: Digital Deluxe are probably the only one with any real value. It's funny they have BC2 and its Vietnam expansion separately for $10 each too. Even stranger that they didn't include the Battlefield game that started it all 10 years ago: Battlefield 1942.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
OK EA let's get this straight: Bad Company 2 alone is $10, and the Vietnam expansion is $10. Yet the Bad Company 2 Digital Deluxe offers both for $10. Yep, that makes a lot of sense.
You said it, it doesn't make much less sense than this.
Still holding out for the Steam version or at least a non-Origin version. If I can't have either option down the line, BF3 will just have to be a game I miss out on.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Criticize Steam for having massively-discounted game sales and accuse them of devaluing video game IP. Then turn around and do the exact same with your games.

All the while only offering your only crappy service as the discounted game version. Well played EA. Well played...

augerpro

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
What a coincidence, I just cancelled all of my EA subs today and working on a refund of BF3 since I'm one of the many that can't even get the game to start or join a server. EA does nothing about it and their CSR's in the forums have no meaningful help. Their bad coding causes enough problems they should never have compounded the complexity with the joke that is Origin. And if you have problem hope someone on the forum knows how to fix it because the CSR's don't. Too bad too since BF was my favorite shooter (played the hell out of BF2) and I'll mist Star Wars. But I have to vote with my dollar.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]tehTyrant[/nom]And most of the guns aren't better. A lot of players use the starter guns as their main gun. They aren't bad. It's just you. I'd say most the guns are more balanced than the guns in COD will ever be.[/citation]
I remember when the FAMAS had no recoil, when the AN94 was ridiculously overpowered, and when IRNV ruled every map. New players have to unlock missiles and flares for jets, defibs for medics, secondary weapons for APCs, and more. It's not the player that has a balance problem, it's the game with its flawed unlock-everything design.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
How about releasing BF3 on steam? I'll gladly uninstall origin and buy another copy of the game.
Origin in its current state is useless. It feels like an STD, and treats its customers like revenue streams.

reviewer888

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
Dear EA,

Please go away. Nobody likes you. How many times do I have to say this?

Sincerely,
Everyone

Even at a dollar, wouldn't even save you from going bankrupt. Mark my words.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]bavman[/nom]Ea and origin are a terrible company combo. They have no regard for their customers. All they care about is your money. I've seen numerous people's accounts permabanned for trying to "hack" in their servers when in reality they were doing nothing wrong. There is no reasoning with them at all.[/citation]

Origin is EA.....

Status
Not open for further replies.