Get StarCraft 2 at $39.99 USD for a Limited Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryan

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2008
This is exclusive to the US. Blizzard EU still wants 39.99 EUROS! Ripoff of the century. Oh, no wait, Diablo III is

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]sharpiedpanda[/nom]I hope Heart of the Swarm will be less than that 0.o[/citation]
Actually, the pre-order pricing I've seen for Heart of the Swarm has been $39.99. I guess that's okay for something that falls somewhere between a typical expansion and a full game, but I was still hoping for a $29.99 price tag.

G

Wow, a 2 year old game for $40. I can't believe this is news. This is typical for games that aren't overpriced garbage. Sometimes they are even cheaper than that.

danawesome89

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011

I don't see how it is missing 2/3 of the campaign. Just because SC1 had all three races, and Wings of Liberty only focused on Terran, doesn't mean it is missing any of the campaign. The SC2 campaign is at least as long as the SC1 or Brood War campaigns. Have you even played Wings of Liberty? Because I got tons of hours out of the single player, not even mentioning the countless hours that you can get from amazing multiplayer & custom games.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]danawesome89[/nom]I don't see how it is missing 2/3 of the campaign. Just because SC1 had all three races, and Wings of Liberty only focused on Terran, doesn't mean it is missing any of the campaign. The SC2 campaign is at least as long as the SC1 or Brood War campaigns. Have you even played Wings of Liberty? Because I got tons of hours out of the single player, not even mentioning the countless hours that you can get from amazing multiplayer & custom games.[/citation]
I beat Wings of Liberty in 8 hours on normal and haven't touched it since. Starcraft 1 gave me many more hours of play than SC2 did.

G

A PC game doesn't exist until it has free, unlimited LAN play.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]I beat Wings of Liberty in 8 hours on normal and haven't touched it since. Starcraft 1 gave me many more hours of play than SC2 did.[/citation]
uhuh... it's the same number of missions as SC1. And Heart of the Swarm will be another 30 missions. What are you trying to say? And seriously, who plays SC for the campaign? Practically all the replay value comes from multiplayer and the community.

G

Sell me the entire game for $39.99 and you got a sale. Im not paying 60+60+60 or 40+60+60, or whatever.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]uhuh... it's the same number of missions as SC1. And Heart of the Swarm will be another 30 missions. What are you trying to say? And seriously, who plays SC for the campaign? Practically all the replay value comes from multiplayer and the community.[/citation]
I'm saying exactly what I'm saying. People like myself play it for the campaign. I could care less about RTS multiplayer; if I wanted to play against people I'd load CS. If you found the game to be worthy of the price that's fine, I don't feel the same way.

clusterstorms

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I think there is a reason behind that Blizzard is going to announce new Version of this game ! It's common for any up coming new game ! May be i am wrong, but this is true.

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
i dont know why people are complaining here. All i ever hear is people complaining about every game turning into a console port. Then i here "oh well when a real honest to god pc game comes along, ill support it"

The fact is that the game is actually very fun, single player meh, but the multiplayer is awesome. I bought it when it was $60 and dont regret a thing.

As i remember the value of SC1 was the same way. The price reduction took a while. Thats just because its a good game

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I picked up Crysis 2 for $12 new on Amazon a few weeks ago, and it's almost a year newer than Starcraft 2. When I look for SC2 on Amazon right now, it's $39.99 regular $69.99? Looking up Crysis 2 again it's only $9. Why is SC2's price inflated so much? They're likely to get more sales if the price was reasonable for a 2year old game like most people are complaining here.

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]I beat Wings of Liberty in 8 hours on normal and haven't touched it since. Starcraft 1 gave me many more hours of play than SC2 did.[/citation]

Try the game on Brutal; the campaign will last at least 3x as long. My girlfriend, who never played an RTS before, beat normal without too many problems, so you're not saying much by beating the game on normal in 8 hours.

I still don't get the "1/3" of game argument that I'm hearing over two years later. The game has nearly 30 missions, just like SC1. The campaign mostly lets you play as one race, but it is deeper, more diverse, and is probably the best-designed RTS campaign in the genre's history.

Heart of the Swarm and the next expansion will both cost $40, "priced as an expansion," according to Blizzard. This is how much their expansions typically cost, from the 90s onward. Seems fair to me.

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]I picked up Crysis 2 for $12 new on Amazon a few weeks ago, and it's almost a year newer than Starcraft 2. When I look for SC2 on Amazon right now, it's $39.99 regular $69.99? Looking up Crysis 2 again it's only $9. Why is SC2's price inflated so much? They're likely to get more sales if the price was reasonable for a 2year old game like most people are complaining here.[/citation]

Probably because StarCraft II is much more popular than Crysis 2. And is a much better game. With a lot more replay value. Crysis 2 is virtually unsupported by its developers, and it has been this way for a long time already. StarCraft II gets a rotating map pool with new maps, new seasons, update after update, lots of constant free updates (Blizzard DoTA, custom maps), world editor improvements, and support for the eSports scene and support for its map-making community. Just take a look at their news page - not a day goes by without something about SC2. The Crysis 2 page probably looks identical to what it was like when I first bought the game back in March 2011.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]s3anister[/nom]People like myself play it for the campaign... If you found the game to be worthy of the price that's fine, I don't feel the same way.[/citation]
Well, can't really fault you there. If all I did was play the single player campaign for SC1 and 2, I'd probably feel like I was getting ripped off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.