Question Get Text messages from iPhone sent to PC, is it possible?

brothapipp

Honorable
Jul 19, 2014
I am interested in being able to get and respond to messages that are sent to my phone number to be pushed to my PC. And to do so without having to touch my phone.

It looks like mirroring requires me to still engage with my phone and so I was thinking more along the lines of a virtual clone. This would be for my phone and for personal use. I have an iphone7, I am with T-mobile if that helps and am currently on Windows 10 for the PC.

Sagar_20

Distinguished
In my opinion, you have 2 options

(1) Hangouts
(2) What's app web

Both work really well but hangouts is amazing.

It's your gmail chat in the form of a mobile app.

As long as you're logged in from the same google account on both the devices, it works brilliantly and your phone does not need to be near to your PC.

What's app web is basically mirroring while hangouts is a real synchronization based app.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
What Version of Windows 10 are you running? The Your Phone feature, introduced with Version 1903 (I think, it might have been 1809, but I doubt it) supports just this along with a lot of other "direct interaction" between your PC and phone.

There is an entirely new settings section, Phone, that is to support this functionality. It is for both iPhone and Android.

Skiron7

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
google voice
google.com/voice
Google Voice is a telephony service that provides call forwarding and voicemail services, voice and text messaging, as well as U.S. and international call termination for Google Account customers in the U.S. and Canada.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I use Google Hangouts, on the PC, with my Google Voice number.

That has nothing to do with what the original poster was asking about. "I am interested in being able to get and respond to messages that are sent to my phone number to be pushed to my PC. And to do so without having to touch my phone. "

The new Windows 10 Your Phone interface allows this, Google Voice/Hangouts does not because it's not "my phone number" in the conventional sense of the phrase. You have to use either Google's Voice/Hangouts windows in a browser or install the Hangouts extension. It's a separate ecosystem of its own, distinct from one's carrier phone number and SMS/MMS services.