Get Windows MCE on Precision 470?

David

I doubt it. The precision workstations are marketed to
businesses..most of which would who not have need for this
os.
Dave

ME

>I doubt it. The precision workstations are marketed to
>businesses..most of which would who not have need for this
>os.
>Dave

OK... that's what I was thinking as well

Was just curious tho

me@privacy.net wrote:

>>I doubt it. The precision workstations are marketed to
>>businesses..most of which would who not have need for this
>>os.

>OK... that's what I was thinking as well
>
>Was just curious tho

While it is not a "Customize" option for the Precision 470 on the
Dell Small Business Web Site [I didn't check any other
"division"], I have, in the past, ordered a Dell over the phone
[after working up the configuration on the web page, H/HO in this
case] with software [productivity as well as OS] that was not an
available customize option on the web site. I was told by the
sales rep "If we put it on any of our computers and yours will
handle it, we'll put it on the computer you order via phone."
[ObCaveat: That "told by the sales rep". I don't doubt the
we'll put it on any machine part, its the if it will handle it
part.]

If you need the Windows MCE, and the Precision 470, and will be
configuring it to take advantage of WinMCE, why not call the 800
number? The worse they'll say is no. And then try to talk you
into something else. From what I've seen of your posts here, I
suspect the salescritter would be destined for disappointment in
the event of the latter.
--
OJ III