[SOLVED] GetForce GTX 550 Ti software problem

RICSTIX

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
I am running Windows 10 with two GetForce GTX 550 Ti cards, one for each monitor.

Yesterday I started having problems. When i play videos they jump and are jerky. There is also an issue with drop down menus. For example, if I go to the start menu, all the items listed scroll up and down non stop. In Excel, when I open a spreadsheet as soon as I hover the mouse over the sheet, the columns move to the right at a fast rate.

Here are the steps I have taken to try and fix it so far.

Booted the computer with only one screen. Did not fix. (dnf)
Booted the computer with the other screen dnf.
Contracted Microsoft and they got me to do a Media Creation Tool Upgrade which took hours. dnf.
Tried it in safe mode and the problem goes away.

I looked at the driver info and although the driver is dated 23/03/18, the Events Tab shows it looks like it was upgraded yesterday, and is version 23.21.13.9135 a further check shows the NVIDIA Vision Controller Driver, the Vision Driver, the Graphics driver, the Audio Driver, and the Physx System Software were all updated yesterday as part of the Windows Update/reinstall process.

The NVIDIA Control Panel shows its Version 8.1.940.0

Any suggestion on what to do next and how to fix this issue please?

Last edited:
Solution
I managed to solve it! The cause of the problem was not with the graphic, but with my Logitech mouse software, specifically LogiOptions.exe. When I stopped it from starting, the problem went away.

RICSTIX

Distinguished
May 21, 2014
I managed to solve it! The cause of the problem was not with the graphic, but with my Logitech mouse software, specifically LogiOptions.exe. When I stopped it from starting, the problem went away.

Solution