[SOLVED] getting 10% DS

Jul 30, 2020
So i pay for 300Mbps. speedtest says i get 300mbps. all of my game downloaders dont pick up over 40ish mbps, i have a brand new computer, specs posted after, brand new cords, brand new router from the isp. even new coax cabling for the buried wires outside and inside. the company has no idea. and at this point, i'm lost too. please help.
Ryzen 5 3600x
16 GB Ram
RTX 1660 Super

i also have all the newest drivers for everything. i dont feel comfortable posting screenshots on the internet if you want screenshots to see first hand, or i can even screen share via discord. i appreciate any help and any time put into reading or replying to this post.

Solution
So i pay for 300Mbps. speedtest says i get 300mbps. all of my game downloaders dont pick up over 40ish mbps, i have a brand new computer, specs posted after, brand new cords, brand new router from the isp. even new coax cabling for the buried wires outside and inside. the company has no idea. and at this point, i'm lost too. please help.
Ryzen 5 3600x
16 GB Ram
RTX 1660 Super

i also have all the newest drivers for everything. i dont feel comfortable posting screenshots on the internet if you want screenshots to see first hand, or i can even screen share via discord. i appreciate any help and any time put into reading or replying to this post.
Downloads are measured in megabytes (MB) while network speed is in megabits (Mb). So...

kanewolf

Titan
Ryzen 5 3600x
16 GB Ram
RTX 1660 Super

Downloads are measured in megabytes (MB) while network speed is in megabits (Mb). So a 40MB/s download would be 320Mb/s -- That is what your speedtest is. I think you may just have a units problem in your interpretation. Use the task manager to see what your network speed is during downloads.

Solution
Jul 30, 2020
Downloads are measured in megabytes (MB) while network speed is in megabits (Mb). So a 40MB/s download would be 320Mb/s -- That is what your speedtest is. I think you may just have a units problem in your interpretation. Use the task manager to see what your network speed is during downloads.
oh... i see thats wack.... before moving 3 miles away to a different house using the same internet provider with the same package my xbox 1s was getting 270ish MB downloads. but now only gets the 30/40MB like my computer.
but ok, thank you.

kanewolf

Titan
oh... i see thats wack.... before moving 3 miles away to a different house using the same internet provider with the same package my xbox 1s was getting 270ish MB downloads. but now only gets the 30/40MB like my computer.
but ok, thank you.
There is NO WAY you were getting 270 megabytes / sec download.
Did you check the task manager for the actual ethernet performance number? Is it 40 or 300 ???

Jul 30, 2020
well xbox 1's read downloads in MB just like computer and it was saying 270ish at the old house, same company same package. only difference is the 3 miles inbetween houses and new $1400 Tower. and i checked the ethernet performance in the task manager it registers about 300 Mbps.

kanewolf

Titan
well xbox 1's read downloads in MB just like computer and it was saying 270ish at the old house, same company same package. only difference is the 3 miles inbetween houses and new $1400 Tower. and i checked the ethernet performance in the task manager it registers about 300 Mbps.
If the task manager shows 300Mbit then it is working as expected, no matter what is displayed.