Question Getting 2 installs at startup

Apr 27, 2019
Hi
I recently upgraded to win 10 from win 7 because Microsoft will stop supporting win 7 early next year. When I turn my computer on it shows a screen to load Windows 10 or Debian.GNU/linux. But there is no Debian.GNU on the computer. I've searched everywhere for this and can't find it. I was going to put Linux on here when I was using windows 7 and even made a separate partition for it, but decided not to go ahead with the dual boot and deleted the partition.

I don't want to boot straight to the desktop because the login screen confuses the Grandkids as I'm constantly changing the passed word to keep them off my pride and joy. (I bought them a second-hand laptop so they can play around with that instead, all heart me)

Is there a way to go straight to the login screen bypassing this annoying screen altogether.

Thanks a lot.

Apr 27, 2019
I just want to see if I understand correctly, you are having issues with OS selection popping up when you boot your machine correct?

If that is the case, have you tried deleting the second (unused) partition? This thread isn't exactly what you are talking about but should have the info you need to resolve your issue :)

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1075304/laptop-is-booting-straight-into-windows-10
Thanks for the reply, I already deleted that partition before I upgraded to win 10 and there's no other partition besides the 'C'.

Apr 27, 2019
Thanks for the replies, I already deleted that partition before I upgraded to win 10 and there's no other partition besides the 'C'. So I can't understand how I get two versions (Win 10 & Rasbian GNU/Linux) to choose from at startup.

Even went into the Bios and there's nothing there about Rasbian either. Very strange.

Thanks anyway.