Getting 30Hz only on 4k freesync monitor since Creators updates

JasonGriffis

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
Several weeks back I began to have issues with my refresh rates. I was having zero issues with running 4k resolution at 60Hz until windows updates surrounding the content creators update for windows 10. Since then I cannot get my 60z at 4k resolution no matter what I have tried, and I have tried everything I can find on the forums. I have uninstalled my Display driver and reinstalled, tried both an RX 480 and 580 gpu, and both are giving the same refresh bug with any updates after Windows 10 version 1607.

Hero Maximus 7 running 4790k@4.7GHz and GSkill Trident Zs@2400. Samsung 840 pro SSD. Currently running RX580 Aorus XTR with LG 27UD58. Again reiterating that all of this was stable with all of my usual virus scanner, firewall, etc software 4k res@60Hz for months until the content creator windows updates.

Since the Windows updates, nothing above 30Hz refresh rates on any UDH resolutions.

I reverted back to a fresh install of windows 10 and had no issues for about a week, until the auto updates from windows kicked in and a day later when my wife booted up while I was at work, we got the same error telling us that it couldn't set the resolution and refresh rate to the desired levels.

I have also ordered another displayport cable, one that was certified @1.2 displayport capable.

I have visited the LG site and downloaded (and installed) the latest driver for my monitor (and even went the route of uninstalling and installing an older driver to see if it would help...it didn't).