Question Getting 60 fps in game but no actually on screen!

Jul 21, 2019
Hello.
The problem I have is that I'm getting 60 fps in game but it's not as smooth as it should. Because when I play it feels like I have 30 fps but the game keeps telling me I have 60! Btw I have stutters a lot when I play.
I use Acer Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition gaming laptop.

Windows 10
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.60GHz
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor on Intel HD Graphics 530 - 60 Hz

Average temperature of GPU is 70 °C and average temperature of CPU is 90 °C!
These are my system information
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tHQJLKzX5S_eslJ5xWlsi_F81U4FB-st
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tT8-oDuGSTcBdylw3jJQ_jOmroMqAkPO

By the way I play Rainbow Six Siege
Can you give me a solution?!
THANK YOU!

Last edited:
I see your resolution is set at 1536x836. Change it back to its native resolution for gaming. Also make sure you are using your gpu for gaming and not your Intel hd graphics. Check the adapter settings to make sure you are gaming at 1920x1080, 60mhz and Nvidia gpu. Also wouldn't hurt to set your windows power setting to high performance.

Jul 21, 2019
I see your resolution is set at 1536x836. Change it back to its native resolution for gaming. Also make sure you are using your gpu for gaming and not your Intel hd graphics. Check the adapter settings to make sure you are gaming at 1920x1080, 60mhz and Nvidia gpu. Also wouldn't hurt to set your windows power setting to high performance.
Hi sir.
Actually when I put my game on native resolution I actually get 40 fps although I put the game graphics as low as possible. It didn't use to be like that until recently! My game is using Nvidia graphics. I don't know how to check adapter settings sorry sir but I'm not familiar enough with these stuff and I don't know how to see if my windows power is on high performance! By the way could over heating be a problem in this case?!

Jul 21, 2019
Are you playing online when these stutters happen, do they start right away or do they appear after you have been playing ofr a while? What hd are you using hd or ssd?
I get the stutters all the time doesn't matter when. But when I tab out and wait for about 10 seconds and then go back to game it usually plays smooth for a minute and then again stutters come back. I believe my hard drive is HDD, I'm not sure though! The model is TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 if I'm correct.

I get the stutters all the time doesn't matter when. But when I tab out and wait for about 10 seconds and then go back to game it usually plays smooth for a minute and then again stutters come back. I believe my hard drive is HDD, I'm not sure though! The model is TOSHIBA MQ01ABD100 if I'm correct.
Your cpu is overheating and likely starting to throttle. When tab out the cpu is probably cooling down, hence the smooth play until it overheats again a minute later.

Jul 21, 2019
Has it always done this? Options are any combination of these;

1. Clean the laptop out of any dust.
  2. Adjust the fan curve to hit 100% earlier.
  3. Replace the cpu thermal paste.
  4. Improve airflow around the laptop. Maybe use something to lift it higher off the desk without blocking the air vents.
This was significantly helpful!
Thank You Sir.