Question Getting a black screen on the laptop after removing and re-inserting the WiFi card ?

Dec 3, 2022
Laptop: Dell Inspiron 5567

I took wifi card off and put it back then my laptop sceen turned black and I can't do anything because of it. I mean my laptop is working but nothing appears on the screen.
I can't access bios settings. After that i removed the wifi card again and now the computer works as before.

My question is how can i fix it?
I removed the wifi card without removing the battery and i guess it happened because of it.
Now i manage with ethernet connection but without wifi it is not comfortable to use.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Now i manage with ethernet connection but without wifi it is not comfortable to use.
Just to be clear, you still can't get display? It reads to me like you're able to see off of the laptop's display and are tethered to the www using Ethernet.

Perhaps see if the laptop has any BIOS updates pending. I would try and see if you can also reinstall the drivers for your wireless adapter, sourced from Dell's support site(using the service tag from your laptop in their support site) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.